June Favorites (2014)

june beauty favorites

Writing a post on my June favorites was actually a little bit depressing because it meant June was already coming to an end. How does that even happen? Anyway... June dug up some old makeup favorites and a couple new things in the skin care department.



Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream: Admittedly, this is only the second eye cream I've ever used, I was previously using one my Clarins, and I like this one 1000x better. I've come across some pretty hit or miss products with Origins, but this was definitely a hit and I plan on purchasing the full-size once I run out of this sample. I have some darkness and creasing under my eyes but nothing too major- I don't even wear under eye concealer regularly, so I can't speak to how this would work if your under eye area is a major concern.

I love how it feels on the skin-- you don't have to wait ages for it to settle before you can apply the rest of your skincare products. For someone with extremely sensitive skin, this is a definite winner!

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster: This was another product I was happy to try as a sample first because it was the first serum I've ever used and the full-size product is pretty pricey. I've been using this for about two months and use it 4-5x a week at night before I go to bed in the place of a moisturizer.

I was nervous to start using this because my skin is so sensitive to new products and prone to breaking out, but I didn't have any issues when using this. The reason I love it so much is because of how my skin feels and looks the next morning. So much smoother and happier!

smashbox chiffon blush

Smashbox Blush Rush: This is an old favorite that I'm sure I've talked about before, but I've been wearing it pretty regularly this past month. It's actually a peachy pink with a slight hint of gold in it, but you can tell how cool-toned it shows up on my skin-tone. Admittedly I'm not very good at swatching, but these blushes are definitely worth checking out on your next trip to Sephora. They have amazing lasting power and leave a gorgeous finish on your skin.

(I tried to swatch hoola, right above the blush, but I couldn't get it to show up at all)

Benefit Hoola Bronzer: This is a cult-favorite when it comes to bronzers so I'm sure it's not a new discovery to anyone reading this blog, but I wanted to share it anyway. I skipped over it basically all winter, but have been using it now that I'm a bit more tan and I'm obsessed with it again. As you can tell from the swatch not showing up, it's a pretty light bronzer, so it's very forgiving to use for contouring-- if you're someone like me who cannot get contouring down no matter how much I practice. It's the perfect natural bronzer that gives you a hint of tan without being too orange or too muddy.


I'm not sure how I ended up trying these two products together, but they were like a match made in heaven! Buxom Lip Polish in katie + L'oreal Colour Riche in sunset angora. I guess I should have swatched them separately first, but the above photo is katie over sunset angora- SO pretty!

One last favorite for the month isn't a beauty favorite- it's these Superga sneakers I got for $24 at TJ Maxx! I had been wanting a pair for the past few months after seeing them all over Pinterest and on various celebrities. I love the neutral color & they're easily one of the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.


What were some of your favorite things in June? 

Also make sure you linkup with Mia and Kelli & Ally to share your favorites!
 

31 comments

  1. That smash box blush sounds pretty awesome! Love this new link up!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Buxom gloss - I need to dig it out again! And the Origins eye cream is amazing - I bought a full size as SOON as my sample ran out, it's that great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that gloss! Such a pretty light color for summer!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunset Angora is really pretty! I don't love it on my skintone, but it sure is a perfect color for summer. :) Love that Smashbox blush, too! Hope all is well with you. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks this month, girlie! Once I run out of my current eye cream (Benefit's It's Potent), I plan to give that Origins one a try. I've heard nothing but great things, and your opinion just solidified my decision to give it a whirl. I also would love to try one of those Smashbox blushes, and that L'Oreal lip color?! That looks right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we have the same make-up musts - I love the hoolah bronzer and am currently using it - I swear I think I've had it for like 2 years and haven't even put a dent in it - and I'm not tan!! Glad to hear you like the GinZing - that was a favorite of mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVING that lipstick combo, I need to get them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, girl! That lip combo is SO PRETTY! I'm a huge fan of the origin's eye cream too! We don't live anywhere near any stores that would actually sell it, though, so I've been sticking with plain old coconut oil for quite some time! I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great round up. Love the Buxom lip products.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That blush looks so pretty and I really like that eye cream too! That L'Oreal gloss looks like something I'd like, and you can't go wrong with Buxom ;) Thanks for joining us girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been looking for a good eye cream! I am going to have to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to be worried about shimmer blushes but am absolutely loving them right now for summer - they really help perk up your face. I've never heard about those sneakers before but I really love the colour. I'm looking for a pair that I can wear instead of my go to sandals for days I'm out and about, I'll definitely look into them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute shoes! I love beige/neutral color shoes... perfect with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm obsessed with that subtle blush! Need to get my hands on that... or my cheeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never used an eye cream but I've considered it. My eyes are starting to get dark underneath. Thanks for the rec! I need to try some blush too...I really only use bronzer. Thanks for linking up with us! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Origins Ginzing is my absolute favorite eye cream. I will repurchase forever:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What cute tennies (that's what we've always called tennis shoes in my family ha). I'm super curious about that blush, too! Mental note for when my Jane runs out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. omg i dig hoola. love it. i suck balls at contouring, i just gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the Smashbox blush color!! Thanks for the idea :) Cute blogl!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a sample of Hoola coming this week! I'm so excited to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Buxom gloss is the best! I have a couple I got as samples and just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't believe it's July already - where did all the time go??
    And WOW so jealous you found those awesome Supergas at TJ Maxx. What a lucky find!!
    I've been meaning to try that Buxom gloss - I always hear good things about them!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE supergas--so comfy and cute

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've always loved Benefit's Hoola bronzer! Those sneakers are adorable!! Such a find at TJM!

    ReplyDelete
  25. ooh that vitamin c serum sounds pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really should be using an eye cream, but I don't. My bags are getting worse though, so I'll definitely have to look into this one!

    And have you tried Bobbi Browns blush? I use one now and really like it. And nothing compares to their foundations!

    ReplyDelete
  27. My new dotting tools are definitely a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those shoes are super cute! Love summer tennis shoes! And I love Smashbox products. I used to only use their makeup for a long time. Great colors you found!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I canNOT believe that this year is already halfway over. Madness! Those shoes are my favorite of your favorites (haha) and they are super cute. TJ Maxx is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top