Cream Cheese Chicken Taquitos


I CANNOT express to you how much I loved this recipe. This might be my favorite crock pot meal ever & you guys know I love my crock pot! I cut the recipe in half just in case it didn't turn out & that was the biggest mistake I could have made! I wish they would have photographed a little prettier, but honestly I was too hungry to mess around with plating the food.

The best part is these are EASY ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. Chicken, cream cheese, a few spices, and some shredded cheese! Actually, the best part might be that you make it in your crock pot, so you don't have to use ANY other dishes which = easy cleanup!

I followed Tiffany's recipe exactly (cut in half) and used 12 inch tortilla instead of 6 inch because that's what I had on hand. I ended up with enough filling for 5 lightly filled shells-- if you have a choice, definitely go with the smaller shells for a better bread to filling ratio.


Ingredients (full recipe): 2 chicken breasts; 1 tsp chili powder, garlic powder, & cumin; 8 oz cream cheese; shredded cheese; 6 inch tortillas

Directions: Add chicken, spices, cream cheese with about 1/3 cup of water into your crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours; once chicken mixture is cooked preheat oven to 400 degrees and fill shells with chicken mixture & top with cheese; roll tortillas; spray lightly with cooking spray or olive oil; bake for ~12 minutes (detailed directions at Creme De La Crumb)

They're really good with salsa and my husband enjoyed them with some guacamole as well. I think they would have been good the next day, but we ate them all in one sitting... they were that good!


30 comments

  1. Oh man! I bet these freeze pretty well too! Training camp started today which means I'm officially a football widow until at least the end of November. Meals here get sad and pathetic because I mean...who wants to cook for just one person? Not this girl. I like to try and find recipes that I can make and freeze the remainder as individual portions! This sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just pinned this!! You said Crock Pot I said SOLD!! Thanks for sharing - can't wait to try it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fantastic!! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely trying these! They look and sound amazing!! Plus, anything that can be made in the crockpot is a winner in my book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Mexican food is literally my favorite. This sounds amazing... definitely trying this out on Friday!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds delicious! Totally trying it! Great minds think alike because I just posted a crockpot recipe today too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks AMAZING. cream cheese + chicken + more cheese?? heyy-o send some my way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds simple and delicious… exactly what I like! I'll write this one down and give it a shot :) Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to find a vegetarian way to make this... I love all things made with tortillas :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, this sounds like a perfect recipe for me and Mike. I am pinning this right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um, hello deliciousness. These are going on the menu for this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this sounds delish. i rarely use tortillas because the corn ones are kind of vomit inducing, ok maybe slight exaggeration, but this might be worth it. husband hates cream cheese.. more for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look yummy! I posted a burrito recipe yesterday! It's the week of the tortilla! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG I love Mexican food so I need to try these. Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why not add cream cheese to something we already love? These dipped in some Valentino hot sauce would be perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You seriously spoke straight to my stomach with this one. I would be making this tonight if I weren't already making your buffalo chicken sliders! haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely a recipe we'd love too, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need a crock pot..! Why don't I have one already??

    ReplyDelete
  19. So yummy and EASY!! And I probably have everything in my fridge - which is even better!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. YUM! Love me some easy crock pot recipes...and Mexican food...and recipes that require less than 5 ingredients!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. YUM! Now I'm suddenly starving for dinner :)

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't believe how easy this is! I actually made this just now and they're delicious! Thanks again for a great recipe!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  23. These sound so good! I love easy crock pot meals!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have something similar pinned on pinterest but I don't have a crock pot so I won't be getting to try them any time soon :( They look really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. yum! sounds so appetizing. =D
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. i know what's for dinner this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yum! You post such great recipes! I'll have to try this once I get my kitchen back!

    ReplyDelete
  28. FINALLY made these this weekend (husband chose them off my Pinterest recipe board) and they were soooo good :) Just had to tell you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top