BBQ/Buffalo Chicken Pockets with Crescent Rolls


I always see people making the most creative things out of crescent rolls, so when I saw them on sale at the grocery store I finally decided to pick up a can and figure out what to make later. I came across these seemingly easy recipes for BBQ chicken and buffalo chicken pockets and thought it was the perfect thing to try!

Ingredients:
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (I used the butter flakey version-- they were good but rich!)
Cooked shredded chicken (I used 3 thin sliced chicken breasts)
Toppings of your choice (sauces, cheese, onions, peppers, etc.)

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
2. When you unroll your crescent rolls there should be 4 large rectangles or 8 triangles-- you'll want to fuse together the triangles to make 4 rectangles for the top and 4 for the bottom of the sandwich/pocket.
3. On an un-greased cookie sheet place two rectangles, top with chicken mixed with sauce of your choice and other toppings.
4. Place the other rectangles on top of the filling and fuse together the ends-- as you would press a pie crust.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes.

I made two different kinds... I'm a buffalo chicken girl, so I mixed the chicken with buffalo sauce and then topped with greens once it was cooked.

My husband used a sweet & spicy BBQ sauce, cheddar cheese, and red onions as his filling. He said this was definitely one of the best recipes I've made yet!


I was worried the bottom might get soggy, but the crust was perfectly light and crispy! I love how easy the recipe was to really make your own, and I already know this is going to be a quick and easy staple throughout the summer when we just want a quick weekend lunch or dinner!

As big of a buffalo fan as I am? Check out these other recipes:

What is your favorite thing to make with crescent rolls?

39 comments

  1. This sounds absolutely amazing! I totally pinned these to make this weekend!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, this is getting added to the recipes-to-try list immediately. These looks right up my husband and mine's alley - we love crescent roll recipes, especially if it involved buffalo chicken sauce. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Carly, these look ahhh-mazing! Seriously you have me super impressed! I've been living off of egg sandwiches since Todd's been gone so maybe I'll have to see if I can spruce up my meals with these! Pinned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious! Definitely something I will have to try soon! We basically live on chicken dishes, so it's always good to have something new to throw into the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fabulous idea! these look so yummy. i love shredded chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mouth is literally watering right now!! Pinning this for later!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good lord, I was hoping you would post this recipe. My thighs, not so much, but they don't get a vote ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds amazing! Will definitely be giving this a try! I love anything to do with crescent rolls haha :)

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could eat crescent rolls at every meal

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh WOW! I'm obsessed with buffalo chicken dip. I can't wait to try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love buffalo chicken anything so this recipe is a must and it looks so easy!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, please! Buffalo chicken anything makes me happy! Definitely will be trying these soon - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks delish! I love buffalo everything!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look amazing!! I'm a total buffalo girl too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg yummmmm! this looks SO good. i love biscuits + bbq/buffalo chicken. xo jillian - stop by! I'm hosting a Capri Blue Candle Giveaway! cornflake dreams 

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those look really, really GOOD!! I've done the crescent roll thing twice. It works really good for party favors and especially since I'm not that into cooking. I made some with ham and cheese and it was delish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yummy, yummy! I have plans for BBQ chicken wraps this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These looks amazing! If it wasn't a million degrees outside I would be making these asap! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks good! I hadn't thought of doing this with chicken. I used to make tacos like this, which were really good. We've been eating less beef, so I'll definitely have to save this version to recipes to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. My husband would LOVE these! Thanks for sharing! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How easy and delicious! I love it because my boyfriend loves buffalo sauce and I love bbq sauce so I feel like we could easily make both using the same recipe and it'd be a two-for-one :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those look amazing.. I'm hungry now!

    ♥ http://ahappinessundefined.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. holy moly i could use a few of those right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My stomach just made a loud growling noise when I saw this!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These look and sound delicious! I bet Tyler would love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This certainly looks delicious! I am pinning this recipe to try it later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Okay you know I want to try this right away! Making these for dinner this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love buffalo chicken! I'll have to give this a try :)

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ok, I totally made these for dinner and they were delicious!! Unfortunately they didn't look as good as yours haha! I so love this recipe though - I can attest to the taste :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  30. This looks and sounds so good. I would definitely give it a try. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Pinned it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award. Come check it out at lovetobebusy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have made these for years and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This sounds like something my hubby would LOVE. I am definitely pinning this recipe for future use!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top