SUMMER TO-DO LIST 2014


You may have noticed this post accidentally went up on Monday for like twenty minutes-- a scheduling fail on my part. With the official start of summer a few days away, I'm going to share my summer to-do list today.

I failed at creating a good list for the entire year, so I thought I would try again with a to-do list for the summer. Some of these are really random, some are specific...I will probably be adding to this as the summer goes on...
  • Make homemade cinnamon rolls
  • Organize/create a recipe book of some sort (suggestions are welcome!)
  • Beach day somewhere on the Delmarva coast
  • Paddle board
  • Complete the Semi-Charmed Life Summer Book Challenge
  • See a baseball game at Yankee Stadium (which obviously means an NYC trip is on the list as well)
  • 8 new (to us) restaurants or bars (4/8)
    • Menomale
    • Room 11
    • Vinoteca
    • El Centro DF 
  • Grow vegetables (zucchini since my radishes already failed)
  • Attend DC BBQ Battle completed 
  • See a concert/event at Wolf Trap
  • Train for and run a 5k
  • See 3 time-limited exhibits at the Smithsonian. (1/3)
    • Pop Art Prints @ American Art Museum

We have a long list of things on our house to-do list, and I want to do do some things that will challenge me to be more creative- I just haven't decided what those are going to be yet.

What's on your to-do list or bucket list for summer?

16 comments

  1. I want to go paddle boarding too!! It looks like so much fun! I think I'll hold off on the 5k until it's a little cooler out though ;)

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to paddle boarding!! I've been wanting to try that! And I like the idea of making homemade cinnamon rolls - I may have to add those to my summer bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a beach day too!! Paddle boarding will probably be the coolest thing for me - if I had balance which I do not lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad this finally got up! I thought I was going nuts when I clicked it Monday and nothing appeared. Anyways, this is a great list - hopefully you make it through everything. I can't say I currently have a summer bucket list ... we are in survival mode the next three weeks with how busy we are and how much we will be out of town, so maybe after that I can regroup and plan.

    LOVE your new layout and design, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, the Smithsonian! My favorite. Enjoy completing these challenges -- they make for a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks, I love the NYC trip/game and new restaurants :) One of mine is go on a float trip, we have a big one planned for a few weeks from now, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I posted a summer bucket list today too!! I love your ideas for paddle boarding (would be so fun to try) and making cinnamon rolls mmm!! Great blog x, Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I'd love to go paddle boarding! We'll have to encourage each other with the summer reading challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to put together my list ASAP!

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list!! Uh, can I be there when you make homemade cinnamon rolls?! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I should make one of these bucket lists..! I had one for fall ... But haven't done one yet.. I get a little crazy when I tell myself I will do something hahaha.. I'm doing a 5k at the Gillete Stadium this July.. Hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to make one of these lists for us. We just get so busy that's it's always hard to stick to what we want to do! We definitely want to take our daughter to the zoo, and swimming a lot, go on family walks in the evenings. That's about all the goals I'm going to set right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY to NYC!!! So much to do here in the summer. I need to get myself to a beach ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome list! I want to paddle board and make a recipe book as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. fabulous list. NYC would be so amazing, jealous! and yay for 5k! you go girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been reading your blog for awhile and think this may have been the first time I noticed how close you were to me. I don't know why I haven't seen that before this post, considering you have a DC page at the top of your blog, lol.

    Anyway, great post! There are a few things I want to do before summer is over, too. I should probably write them out so I have reminders to actually do them!

    And I have a really good cinnamon roll recipe! If you want it, let me know and I can email it to you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top