Recent Favorites (or things I've been loving this week!)

It's Friday again! Did this week fly by for anyone else? I'm looking forward to dinner with good friends tonight and then another semi low-key (but hopefully productive) weekend lies ahead! I'm linking up with Amanda & Lauren to share some of my recent favorites! I have quite a random mix of things and I'm trying to get better at saving things to share throughout the week.


1. I can't be the only one who just loves Leighton Meester and Adam Brody together. I loved them both separately, so together they seem even more perfect. I was a huge Seth Cohen fan back in the days of The OC, and Blair was always my favorite from Gossip Girl. (image via)



2. I'm not even a big jewelry person, but I saw these Emma Stine earrings and am in love. The colors are gorgeous together and they're so glam.

3. Amber Fillerup (Barefoot Blonde) gives me so much braid inspiration! She has the most gorgeous hair- she's gorgeous in general, and I've loved watching her Youtube videos & reading her blog.

4. I'm probably weird, but I just love this meme with the giant disco ball in the back of the truck with the caption: "I wanna go where that's going!" It just makes me smile :)

5. About a month ago I started doing the Nike 5k... I assumed it was pretty similar to the C25K app. I stuck with the Nike app for two weeks I think, but it was way too hard and I just couldn't keep up with it, so I was discouraged.

I downloaded the C25K app, and it's still a challenge but it's SO much easier than the Nike app. I can't even put into words how much I love the C25K app, and I never thought I would use the word love with anything related to running. I can totally see why so many people love this app!


1. I recently read Brene Brown's The Gifts of Imperfection and was a big fan. I think it's a book that would everyone would benefit from reading. I'm a huge fan of qualitative research so I find her work fascinating. The book wasn't research heavy, and it read really quickly. [image via]

2. I came across this printable on Pinterest and printed out a copy right away! It's the perfect way to organize for your summer to-do list >> a how to summer list via you are my fave

3. Becky (Made in the Shade) opened up her Etsy shop this week. If you follow her blog you'll already know she makes some pretty amazing DIY projects-- now you can get your own at her shop >> Made in the Shade Shop

4. I am a sucker for gift lists, and I especially loved Biana's post this week on the perfect hostess gifts >> For The Hostess

35 comments

  1. I love that summer list!! Great find. Becky's shop is too cute and I loved Bian's gift ideas! That book also sounds interesting. XO Have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a big Seth Cohen fan back in the day too! I love me some Adam Brody :) I love that Summer to-do list! What a great way to make sure you make the time count!

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the new layout!!! I didn't see it yesterday!!! I love that Adam and Leighton are together - my teenage heart explodes with joy!! thanks so much for including me in your list of things your digging!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend doll! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt like this week flew by too!! I love looking at braided hair too! I sadly haven't been able to pull it off on my own but a girl can dream right?? Lol. Those earrings are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am doing Couch to 5k too! I am doing a 5k on July 4 so hopefully I am ready by then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those earrings! SO pretty! And Amber seriously has the most gorgeous hair. I wish I could do even like 2 of the intricate braids she does, they're always so pretty!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've loved Adam Brody since The OC too! He makes my heart melt :) I've never used a running app but maybe I should. Does it motivate you to run more? :-p That is an AWESOME summer printable! I want to put that on my fridge. Loved Biana's gift list too! Have a great weekend, Carly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all these favorites! I'm with you on Adam Brody and Leighton Meester - they are an adorable couple. And, your new blog is looking fantastic! Are you doing it yourself? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! I LOVE that disco ball meme. Wherever there's a disco ball that big there's bound to be the best party ever!
    Those earrings are gorgeous! I don't really like big earrings either, but those I'm digging.
    I am the WORST at doing hair. I am a terrible braider, so I'll have to check out her videos so I can do my daughter's hair. My mom never braided my hair as a kid :( so I'm just not the best. I can do a good ponytail though. :)

    Have a great weekend Carly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The C25K app is amazing. I seriously couldn't run to the end of my driveway when it all began, and now (well, when I'm not in a boot) I can run 3 miles and end with a smile on my face! My husband started it a couple weeks ago, too! Good luck, lovie!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this!!!!
    I absolutely love Leighton and Adam!! sooo cute!!!
    and please take me with you to that disco party... lol..
    I got the C25K app a couple of weeks ago, and I like it although I havent used it much.. lol.. fail. :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the C25k app as well - have done it many times :)
    I will be starting the c213.1k soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am with you 100%- Leighton and Adam are seriously the most adorable couple ever. Although, I have to admit- I never watched the OC when it was on. But Gossip Girl? Yeah I can't get enough of that show. :)

    I found you through the link up! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the C25K app, and I even have the 10K and half marathon app too. So easy to follow. I need some braid inspiration for those lazy days. I'll have to check it out! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard great things about the C25K app/program. I need to try that! I love Leighton and Adam together - it just seems so right! haha Have a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those braids are amazing - you better try them and report back! People with so much gorgeous hair gotta live out my stuck-with-fine-hair fantasies for me hah. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the C25K app too! Oh yes, I love those two together too, such a pretty couple :) Loving those earrings. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have you tried From The Couch to 5K app? I found that was helpful for me when I was trying to getting into running.

    That meme with the giant disco ball is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ummmmmm how did I not know they were together??? Its like the best tv couple ever. I love that braid from her but be honest....do her tutorials drive you nuts or is it just me? Her voice.....it's okay never mind I'll be nice ;-) Thanks for linking up girl I hope you have a fabulous weekend! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am loving those braids! Too bad I am too rubbish at hair to ever do it myself though :( x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love what you're doing with the place!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've really wanted to get back into running lately, so I'm going to have to look into that Nike 5k app! Thanks for sharing. :) And I TOTALLY agree with you about Leighton Meester and Adam Brody. They definitely rank high on my list of cutest celebrity couples!

    ReplyDelete
  23. they are such a cute couple. so glad they're married :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE the new layout girly - and thanks for the shoutout! I am pretty sure I need those earrings in my life now :)

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those earrings are so pretty! And I love the redecorating around here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. the earring looks absolutely gorgeous!


    Kisses,
    www.taislany.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loving those braids! And those earrings are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those earrings are beautiful!! I'm loving that summer printable, too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I used the C25K app when I started running again in the spring and it was a huge help at getting my endurance back up! I definitely don't love running but it was great to be on a plan that pushed me - I probably wouldn't have made the same progress without it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ahh I love that you added Becky's Etsy shop! I follow her too and I'm so excited for her!
    And good for you, running the Nike 5k! I'm planning on running the Georgetown 5k soon and the C25k app has been incredibly useful!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love lists! Those earrings.... so beautiful! I would love to be the kind of person who can wear and pull off that braid. So cool looking!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the C25K app too! I'm on Week 4 and I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I LOVE Leighton and Adam together <3 <3 They were both my favourites on their shows and they make an adorable couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. love leighton + adam, so cute! and yay for loving the couch to 5k, it really is an awesome app and thats how i started too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top