My Handbag Emergency Kit

hangbag emergency kit

I wasn't sure what to call this post because the term emergency seems a bit extreme when referring to some of these items, but I did a google search and similar things came up so my handbag emergency kit it is!

Bandaids: This seems pretty obvious but I don't know how many times I've been out and needed a bandaid for something-- usually an awful blister!

Neosporin: I use this stuff all the time. I'm not clumsy or prone to accidents, I'm just a bit paranoid about any exposed irritated/broken skin getting infected.

Anti-bacterial: I actually get a little anxious if I don't have this stuff with me. It's the first thing I use when I get back in my car after being just about anywhere. Plus it's good to have when you're out to eat.

Tide To-Go Pen: I can't be the only person who spills on me, right?

Wet Ones: These are great for a lot of things-- they work well for getting deodorant or dirt off of clothing!

Lip Balm: If I'm honest I usually have about six of these thrown in my bag, but I like to keep one in my little emergency pouch just in case, because it's the worst feeling when your lips are horribly chapped and you don't have any chapstick or lip balm!

Concealer: I don't even wear concealer every single day, but I learned my lesson the hard way. A while back at an old job I had a spot on face that was irritated. I didn't think it was that bad and I asked one of my co-workers who was in the back room with me if it was okay-- assuming she would say something along the lines of, "Yeah, you look fine." Instead she told me it looked really bad! I kind of wish I was making this up, because regardless of how my face looked, I found the whole thing incredibly rude. Back to the point- I now always keep concealer with me, just in case!

I realized I forgot an essential: Advil!

What are some items you like to keep with you at all times?


24 comments

  1. Oh yes, lip balms are a must for me too and I usually have several! I really need to get one of those Tide pens for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always carry concealer with me for spots that pop up! Isn't it awful when they grow twice their size during the work day? Ugh. This is a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Clinique and that lip balm are definitely a must!! Loved this post!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally carry a bunch of those things. I have to have bandaids, my Tide To Go pen, lip gloss/balm, and antibacterial gel with me at all times. I hate washing my hands in the bathroom out then touching things so I always use it after. Oh and I always have Advil too!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ibuprofen is a must or me at all times in case of a headache - they always seem to hit me at the worst times! These are great ideas for my emergency bridesmaid kit I'll have with me next month for my friend's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All great things to carry around at all times!! :) I can't tell you how many times that Tide pen has come in handy and saved the day - for me and for others! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Advil would have been first on my list because I am prone to headaches. Love this idea though and need to put one together myself. I have so many times needed a Tide pen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tide to go will need to be put in my bag ASAP! I need to start carrying advil with me too - so bad about that! I also have an extra hair tie - because I tend to forget them at home and need it for the gym!! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hand sanitizer is a MUST for this germaphobe...
    & yes, Alleve & lip balm.
    I also have to have nail clippers & nail file.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lip balm, Tide to Go and a hand sanitizer are in my purse at all times! Sometimes I'll throw in a concealer if it's going to be a long day I'm away from home :)

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes to all of these! I won't leave the house without Carmex, Tylenol and hand sanitizer. Another one is gum or some sort of mints! And this reminds me that I need to pick up a new Tide to go pen :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm switching bags so often, so I'm really bad at keeping stuff like this with me. My husband is always asking me "what kind of women are you?" when he asks for chapstick, clear eyes, a pen, etc and I never have anything on me! Haha, maybe I need to get a little cosmetic pouch and stock it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lip balm is a must I always have with me! Actually I have about 3 in my purse at a time.. Another must is a small bottle of advil for those random on the go headaches. And lastly a phone charger! My phone tends to die easily since I started blogging so I make sure I have a cord with me at all times so I don't go phone less in an emergency!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I ALWAYS have Tide-to-go in my bag and one of the B&BB anti-bacterial hand sanitizers in my bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm right there with you with the lip balm. I have like 12 in my computer bag for work, and 2 at my desk. I always forget I have some in there so I just keep adding more, ha!
    I always have ibuprofen with me; it's a must. And I love the Tide to Go pens! They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need all of these..! Especially the ride to go..! I spill things on me all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This makes me really wish I kept more things in my purse- I think I would be a lot happier, haha! I feel like I'm always needed something like Wet Wipes AND a To-Go pen... you're definitely not the only one who spills on herself. ;) I usually have a band-aid and tinted lip balm, but that's about it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always carry deodorant with me! And vaginal wipes. Clearly I have a BO fear! hahaha ;P

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always have lip gloss, Advil and tweezers. Oh and my toothbrush and paste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I used to take traditional bandaids but now I take along the liquid bandage stuff because its invisible so it doesn't show or take up a ton of space in my shoes when I use it for blisters (which is it's most used purpose). I'm like that with concealer too - better safe than sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The concealer is an awesome idea! I tend to always mess with my face during the course of the day so if I have a spot, it always gets worse!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes to all of those! Some I currently have,others I should add. While in Chicago, I had to stop at walgreens just for a tide pen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. that tide stuff has saved my clothes many, many times. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top