May Beauty Favorites


The first two items I loved throughout the entire month of May are from Josie Maran and I first mentioned them in this post. When I first talked about the Argan Cleansing Oil I mentioned that I liked it but probably wouldn't spend the money on the full-size bottle.... I take that back and am almost certain I'm going to purchase this. I know there might be less expensive products on the market, but I have the most sensitive skin, so when I find something that doesn't irritate my skin, I'm impressed.
Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil ($12 or $32): purchase here.

The second product is the Argan Color Stick in peony. I believe you could only get this shade in the set I got back in April, but I would recommend these blushes to anyone who likes cream blushes. I'm not exaggerating when I say I used this blush every single day I wore makeup this past month. I would often pair it with a powder blush, but on it's own it gives a gorgeous touch of color without looking overdone.
Josie Maran Argan Color Stick ($22): purchase here.

The Clinique Chubby Stick in chunky cherry, is the very first lip crayon I ever used. I've had it for three years I think, and I never really used it that much until I recently pulled it out of my lip product stash and am in love with it! It made me realize how much I love sheer reds on my lips, and it's so moisturizing and easy to wear. Easily one of my favorite lip products ever!
Clinique Chubby Stick ($17): purchase here.

For my birthday my mom sent me a Julep polish in the shade Sydney, which is an red orange with a cream finish and it is amazing! I wore it on my toes and only needed one coat because it was so opaque. I've only used one Julep polish, so I can't speak for all of the colors, but I was definitely impressed with the color, application, and longevity of the polish!
Julep Nail Polish ($14): purchase here or here.

Last but certainly not least, the Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray. This is a product I had heard about (see Mia & Karly), but I wasn't sure it would really work all that well or make a difference. Thankfully I tried it out, because I don't know how I ever got by without it!

I haven't tried it under my makeup, but I use it after I've applied my makeup and not only does it feel refreshing, it leaves your skin with this really nice, healthy looking finish. I won't say it 100% gets rid of oil for the entire night or anything, but it makes a HUGE difference in how my makeup looks.
Urban Decay De-Slick ($14 or $30): purchase here.

What are some makeup/beauty products you've been loving recently? 

28 comments

  1. So glad that you're loving the setting spray - it's amazing right?! The Julep color looks so pretty!! I'm still not 100% sold on the cleansing oil...her argan oil is too slick for me lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray in the purple bottle (can't remember the name lol) and I looooove it...I was actually going to do a review myself!
    Also, I've never tried the Julep nail polishes but my sister swears by them! Definitely gonna have to try them myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo I want to try that color stick! Your picks are awesome!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I'm going to have to try that Argan color stick! Sounds amazing! And I love that Julep color... wow!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh i want to try out the setting spray. my makeup never lasts a whole night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO happy to hear you finally own and love the setting spray! I knew you would. I still need to try out those cream blushes - they sound amazing. Also, if you're looking for a cheaper alternative to the Clinique Chubby Sticks, try out the balm sticks from CoverGirl or Revlon - they are fantastic and a fraction of the cost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Josie Maran makes the best products! I've been obsessed with her cheek gelee lately but now I want to try the blush stick! And yes to the UD setting spray - couldn't live without that stuff on 12 hour workdays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've never used a setting spray but this one sounds awesome. and i have that josie maran cream blush too. i haven't used it too much but maybe i need to give it another try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE my UD setting spray! I use All-Nighter, but I'm glad that one works for you. It's a God send for long days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never tried the Julep polish but always hear great things about it

    ReplyDelete
  11. That nail polish is the PERFECT shade for summer. Want, please! I'm loving the Jane bronzer I picked up (not too dark, not at all heavy, and beats premature crow's feet, right!?).

    ReplyDelete
  12. That setting spray sounds great!! I still haven't tried anything Julep, I might have to finally order something.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love chubby sticks. I have the watermelon color and am almost out. Definitely need to replace that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the beauty products! I love the Josie maran cleansing oil and the Clinique chubby sticks!

    Dontcoralwithme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you like chubby sticks, Bourjois have some really gorgeous lip crayons! I'm not sure how available they are in the US but if you can find them you should definitely check out Rouge or Red Sunshine - they sound like they'd be up your alley.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love watching people fall in love with the UD spray as much as me, it's THE BEST! I'm wanting to try some more of the Josie Maran products :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love that nail polish color. Perfect for summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've heard a lot about the UD product and think I may need to get it ASAP before my outside engagement pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been wanting to try a bunch of Josie Maran products! They all seem so good for your skin and that's a win in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been eyeing the UD spray for a while now... I'm hooked on my Mac Fix+ though!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd love to try that chubby stick but not sure if I could pull off a bright red lip. I usually stick to pinks. I need that Urban Decay De-Slick. My face can get so greasy in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh that UD setting spray sounds amazing! I've never used Clinique's chubby stick but I heard that Revlon's Balm Stains were a good dupe. Have you tried them? They're pretty good, I think. Great list - will definitely try to get my hands on that Josie Maran Argan cleansing oil - I've been hearing good things about it and your review is the final nail on the coffin - I'm sold! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that polish color! Perfect for summer! I've never used a makeup setting spray. I may have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your favorites! I use UD De-Slick a lot and don't know how I could go without it. Clinique Chubby Sticks are always great for on the go, too!
    xoxo Lauren | Will Sing For Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love lip crayons but I haven't tried the Clinique ones before... now I think I might! :) I looove that Julep color- so perfect for summer pedis!

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  26. the clinique intense chubby sticks are my favorite! i've also been wanting to try out the josie maran argan cleanser... i also have sensitive skin, so a lot of cleansers are too harsh!
    jenn @ hello, rigby!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have a Clinique Chubby Stick in Super (?) Strawberry and it's one of my favorite lip products, too! Chunky Chili looks gorgeous! I have so many blogs to catch up with... you might get a bunch of comments from me soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top