Couscous Salad with Asparagus & Cannellini Beans


I'm so excited to share another delicious recipe today! I've really been trying to incorporate more fresh vegetables and herbs into my dishes because it's something I skipped out on a lot throughout the winter. This is perfect for spring or summer-- we ate it as a meal on its own but it would be an awesome side dish as well. 


I made a few changes to the original recipe because of my whole low dairy diet so I omitted the cheese and added cannellini beans instead. I'm sure adding the feta would be delicious though! 

Ingredients:
2 cups couscous
1/2 pound asparagus spears
1 cup cannellini beans
2 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
2 tbsp. olive oil
fresh lemon zest
salt & pepper to taste

This was actually my first time ever cooking asparagus so I was worried I was going to overcook it, but it turned out perfect! Essentially you just cook the asparagus, then cook the couscous as directed and add in all of the other ingredients and mix together! For the original recipe & full directions [see here].



This was a recipe that didn't photograph so well, but trust me, it was delicious! 

[I'm linking up with Mary & Emily]

27 comments

  1. This looks soo yummy! I hear you, some dishes just are tough to photograph lol. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks delish! i think it photographed perfectly ;) i wonder if it would taste good with quinoa instead of cous cous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made couscous before but I have always wanted to try!! This looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to try cooking with couscous more! Keep posting any good recipes you try! :)

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh i love this recipe! love couscous...the texture is so fun. and fresh herbs make everything better. the lemon & mint combo is so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so fresh & delicious especially for a summer salad-great idea!! Thanks for stopping by too:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought my first bag of couscous & this will be perfect to try with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious! We have couscous a lot but I've never thought to mix other foods in with it! Love the combo of the lemon and mint, yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy! I've never made couscous but I'd like to. I love asparagus!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so good and healthy! We have a bunch of couscous so I now have a new recipe! Yumy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to be honest, I'm not a super adventurous eater, but this looks like a great step in the right direction for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm, I LOVE asparagus. This looks so good!

    xo, gina

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love couscous! It is so easy to make and takes like 6 minutes. It has become quite a staple in my household :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks really good, asparagus is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea! We had couscous last night with zucchini and tomatoes. It's not the healthiest, but adding Parmesan cheese to couscous is sooo good too ha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. YUM! I want this right now! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks awesome! I love asparagus but yet to try cooking with couscous. I know it's a healthy starch so must give it a try soon! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks sooo good! I love couscous and asparagus, so I definitely hope to try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks delicious! You are becoming very skilled in the kitchen - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never actually had couscous but I've always been curious about it... what does it remind you of? Rice? Quinoa?

    ReplyDelete
  21. YUM! Love anything with asparagus, thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks really good, and different than any other recipe I have. I'd totally have to add the feta though- I love feta!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Delicious Dish Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This sounds delicious! (I love couscous! I went through a stage in college where I ate it with every meal!) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks sooo good! I love asparagus!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top