the perfect snack (baked crispy zucchini)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! We celebrated our one-year wedding anniversary, but I'll post a bit more about that later. Some of you probably noticed (and already commented on this) this post accidentally went up last week! I was on a roll with recipes so I had three or four waiting to be posted and forgot to move this one. 

If I could have zucchini with every single meal, I probably would. Not only is it delicious, it's really quite a versatile vegetable! Growing up my mom would make us fried zucchini every-so-often, and to this day it's one of my favorite things she used to make for us. Instead of making it on the stove, this is a really easy baked recipe!

Ingredients:
1 zucchini (or more!)
1 egg white
bread crumbs (I failed & didn't measure these at all)
olive oil
parmesan cheese (optional)

Directions: Preheat your oven to 450 degrees; Slice Zucchini into even slices; dip zucchini in egg whites, followed by bread crumbs; place on baking sheet; drizzle lightly with olive oil; bake about 15-16 minutes; take out the zucchini and flip them over; bake for an additional 2-3 minutes.


If it's to your liking you can add in parmesan cheese as well. And of course, salt & pepper!

I find this a lot easier than panfrying the zucchini because you just pop it in the oven & don't have to worry about them until you flip them over & then you're good to go! A really easy, delicious snack food for when you're craving something with a little crunch! Seriously so satisfying... I may have only saved my husband one or two slices...whoops!

What are your favorite snacks or side dishes? 

I'm linking up with Mary for Delicious Dish Tuesday! Make sure to check out her link for other recipes!
Carly

23 comments

  1. I can't even wait to try this!! I love fried pickles and this is clearly a perfect addition to my addiction lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! This looks so good - thanks so much for sharing it girly!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I totally want to do this with pickles LOL!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo these sound good! And not to difficult to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one zucchini left from our pasta salad yesterday so I will definitely be doing this recipe tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome. I love zucchini! Old Chicago makes amazing breaded zucchini dippers, but I'd love to make these at home instead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious! Just pinned for later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. um yum. i wonder if i could use something besides the egg because that looks too hard haha. i need one of those egg contraptions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you!!!! I've been buying these (and the pickle version) in boxes from the grocery store. I had no idea how simple it was to make them at home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like such a tasty and healthy snack! I usually don't eat vegetables as snacks (love fresh fruit in the summer, though) but I think this is one I would actually enjoy! Thanks for sharing the recipe :) The egg contraption looks interesting. I'll probably just use two spoons to separate my egg yolk like I normally do...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so incredibly yummy! and I love it's a healthier option. Thanks for sharing Carly :). Your recipes always look so so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks incredible! Got to give this a try!

    xoxo,
    ashley

    dontcoralwithme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to make something similar to this all the time but haven't in a while...thanks for the reminder! They're so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally have something like this pinned on Pinterest and I've been wanting to make it! This looks so good girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks do delicious. We can't wait to try it!!

    xx 365HANGERS

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look delicious and so easy, too! I can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing. :)

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  17. I could eat zucchini with every meal too. :) This recipe looks fantastic! There's a restaurant that I like to go, partly because of their fried zucchini. This looks like a healthier and cheaper alternative. I will have to give it a shot sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look really good! I eat zucchini as a side pretty much weekly but have never thought to bread and bake it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I actually made a version of this last week and loved it! Super yummy little snack :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look so good! I'm trying to step away from my french fry addiction... thinking these might be a nice replacement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. oooh yummy!! these look delish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks SO good, and so much healthier than the fried zucchini sticks that I love! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Delicious Dish Tuesday! I'm featuring this as my favorite for this week's DDT! Feel free to stop by and grab the "Featured Favorite" button, and please come back and share another amazing recipe with us this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top