Thankful Thursday (birthday edition)


I look forward to this link-up so much every week but sometimes I feel like I measure my week in Thursdays :) I celebrated my birthday on Saturday and while it was a low-key birthday celebration is was perfect! My husband treated me to the perfect day full of all the things I love.




We went to an Orioles game where I caught a foul ball-- so that was some added birthday excitement! I filled up on cotton candy, Dippin' dots, and all my other favorite baseball foods. Plus, the O's won in the 10th inning on a play right in front of us!


My husband surprised me with these pretty shoes-- you might remember me posting about them here. Apparently by the time he thought to get them for me they were sold out in my size nearly everywhere, but he eventually found them & I can't wait to break them in. I usually prefer black tennis shoes but this color was too pretty to pass up! 

Ever since I've moved away from home my dad sends me roses on my birthday. These red ones were so beautiful and definitely brightened my day. 

My hair has been driving me crazy as I've been trying to get creative with styling it lately-- I tried out a braided headband and was actually happy with how it turned out-- even though you can hardly tell it's there! 


Georgetown Cupcakes are my new favorite gourmet cupcake! If you would have asked me a week ago, I would have told you they aren't worth the hype-- they kind of are. The frosting is out of this world delicious and the strawberry one was the best dessert I've had in a long time!

What have you been thankful for lately? Link up below and visit my sweet co-hosts Mia, Kristal, and Katie as well!

----------
To link up:
1. Grab the button below & share the link somewhere in your post + twitter, facebook, pinterest, or wherever to spread the thankfulness love.
2. Add the link to your Thankful Thursday post below!
3. Visit other blogs & make new friends :)


Thankful Thursday


24 comments

  1. Looks like a great birthday indeed!! You & your hubby are so cute! I love seeing pics of my friends and their loves. :) and the braided headband...rockin it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - those cupcakes look like they would TOTALLY be worth it!!!
    I love the color of those shoes! Tiffany Blue! :)
    Looks like a wonderful birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you caught the foul ball - that's awesome! Love the new kicks - and the color too!! You'll have to do a tutorial on the braided headband!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I went to DC I had to make a stop at Georgetown Cupcake because of the hype.. They are delicious, pricey, but delicious haha.. Happy belated birthday.. That is so sweet of your dad.. And your husband knocked it out with those shoes..!ove the color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on catching a foul ball! How exciting! Dying over the color of your new shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had such a great birthday! Your braided headband is gorg. Also, Georgetown Cupcakes are pretty much my favorite dessert ever. I love their show DC Cupcakes on TLC, so my mom had cupcakes sent to me my senior year of college when I was still away from home. They sure are a sugar rush, but wow! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post, looks like you had a wonderful birthday :) I wanted those shoes and they were so hard to find, I finally found them but I went with another pair because I know myself and I knew I'd just get them dirty fast haha. I love them though! Oh girl I want one of those cupcake! I love baseball and going to games, it's the only sport I actually enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday! It's so sweet that your dad sends you roses. :) I love the braided headband you did- that inspires me to try that again! I used to do it in high school, but have recently gotten really lazy with my hair.
    It's barely 10AM but I could so eat one of those cupcakes..

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful birthday weekend! I can't wait to get to a baseball game this summer! Those cupcakes look delish! And how sweet is your dad?! No matter how old we get, we're still daddy's little girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday girl! It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend and oh my goodness...those cupcakes looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwww your hubby sounds amazing!!! Definitely need a braid tutorial! Georgetown cupcakes are so good!! I eat way too many of those the last time we were in DC :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy belated birthday! those shoes are too cute - can your hubby teach my hubby? lol. he forgets things the second i say them. that braid is super cute-can totally see it! tutorial, please! those cupcakes look divine, and now i want cotton candy! fun fact, in Aus we call it fairy floss! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. So awesome that you caught a foul ball!!!! WEEE DOGGY!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww!! It sounds like you had a great birthday!! Sorry I missed it so HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a good hub to make sure you had the perfect birthday. That's so sweet your Dad sends you flowers every year, too! And now I would like a strawberry cupcake of my own please and thank you. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It seems like you had such a GREAT birthday!!!! Happy belated birthday!! Those shoes are to die for! I love the baby blue/robins egg blue color!!:) happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday!!! My husband would have been in heaven on your bday date - he loves the Orioles, Dippin' Dots, and trying to catch foul balls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like it was a perfect birthday! I love baseball game and I need one of those cupcakes in my life! I used to love watching that show on TLC haha I've heard they have lines around the block sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like the perfect day with your husband :)
    Jessica
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete
  20. THOSE SHOES! I loveeee them! I'm glad you had a great birthday!! Also, those cupcakes look perfect because they're covered in 2 inches of frosting, just the way cakes was meant to be enjoyed :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is so sweet your dad sends you rose. =) Happy belated!

    ReplyDelete
  22. happy belated birthday! :) i feel like every time we're in dc we stop by georgetown cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy belated birthday! And I agree that Georgetown cupcakes are definitely worth the time it takes to wait in the line to get them :) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy belated birthday! And that's so sweet that your dad always sends you roses. :) Glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top