Fashion Favorites (Met Gala 2014)

There's something so fun about seeing your favorite celebrities all dressed up for a big event. This year the theme for the Met Gala was Charles James: Beyond Fashion & required a "white-tie" for the men- extra snazzy!

images Getty 2014
1. I can't get over how happy Blake Lively looks--  she looked so stunning! Blake and Ryan were definitely my pick for best-dressed couple of the night and that's saying a lot because the

2. I can't get over how much I love Emma Stone's look. I honestly can't even think of a movie I've seen that she's been in, and I don't really like pink-- but for some reason I love this so much + her side braid. So perfect!

3. Ashley Olsen. I didn't care as much for Mary-Kate, which is why I cropped her out (sorry!) but for some reason I thought she totally pulled off this look.

4. Lily Aldridge looked gorgeous-- which shouldn't surprise me because she's a VS model. On anyone else I think the dark silver would have been too much, but she can pull it off. According to twitter Sonia Kashuk played a role in her makeup so I'm excited to see what products were used!


images Getty 2014
1. I almost always like Leighton Meester's red carpet looks and this one didn't disappoint. I was wondering where Adam Brody was though, no??

2. I'm almost afraid to say this because I feel like she might be getting a bit messy, but I've always really liked Selena! This color was perfect on her- it was an elegant but somewhat edgy look with the bold lip.

3. Cara DeLevinge is always someone who I don't want to like, but I usually do end up liking what she wears. This outfit is totally out there and definitely not the typical gown, but I like it!

4. Chanel Iman looked stunning as well-- from her gown to her hair & makeup.

Do you get sucked into red carpet events like I do? Who were a few of your best dressed from the night? Favorite celebs in general?

27 comments

  1. All these looks are so great - I really like Emmas look too! She pulled off the bright pink perfectly!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to do a double take for Emma Stone, she looks ahhmazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma Stone looks so great!! I really loved Victoria Beckham's look and also totally agree that Blake looks so happy and so perfect - old Hollywood glamour for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought Blake, Emma and Leighton totally killed it! I loved Reese Witherspoon's look too! I thought Selena looked great too, her makeup and that color was amazing on her but I'm hoping she doesn't start turning into a hot mess!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your choices. Blake Lively really does look stunning and exudes happiness. Emma Stone is beautiful and hilarious! Go rent Easy A if you haven't seen it- it's a good laugh!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://www.anchorsaweighblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHhh LOVE love love blake and ryan last night. I think they even beat bey and jay. Also totally agree on the Olsens, glad you cropped MK out so we didn't have to see it again haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my lord. blake lively looks freaking amazing, and i agree with the emma stone - i dont like pink, or the crop top, but gosh darn she looks absolutely stunning. i love mary kate but her outfit -yuck. ashley looks super elegant. i love red carpet events a little too much haha. i love the colour of selena's dress, and i feel the same about Cara! wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blake can do no wrong. Ever. She is just gorgeous!

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emma and Blake, swoon! Love them both and they look absolutely stunning :) I love their men too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes, yes, and yes! Blake Lively. I'm speechless. She literally glows. Also -- I'm with you on Emma Stone! I love the simplicity of it! I also thought Jessica Alba looked great, too. Loving all of your choices!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely missed this last night! Blake Lively is always so on point - I love her look. And I'm usually not a huge fan of Emma Stone but she looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never think Emma Stone can do no wrong...
    At least Kim K didn't wear florals this year :)
    I love Sara Jessica Parker - she's fashion to me.
    I gotta say - Katie Holmes looked like Belle to me though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving Emma Stone and I thought Reese looked gorgeous. I wish SJP hadn't worn those heinous white gloves because otherwise I feel like she can get away with anything and look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I mean can Blake Lively be anymore gorgeous???? It is seriously not even humanly possible!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with you on Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds! They are such a stunning couple - they were my best dressed. I also thought Charlize Theron looked great, and even though the look was over the top, I thought Sarah Jessica Parker looked awesome! If anyone could have pulled that off, it would be her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't get enough of Selena's look! I always enjoy seeing the fashions from the MET gala- it would be so fun to go and pick out something crazy to wear. :)

    I'm planning a post on my hits and misses, too, but I'm so bad at getting these things up on time, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Blake Lively is so stinking stunning. I wish I could wear that dress and pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't even know what the Met Gala was, but I really did love the dresses that are popping up alllll over my social media. Blake Lively looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just LOVE Emma Stone's look last night! So effortless and sexy! My other favorite was Victoria Beckham, because I can never resist a perfectly simple white dress :))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Blake Lively and Cara Delvigne were my faves! Total opposites, I know! haha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Now don't disown me, but I didn't even realize a red carpet event was happening. I enjoyed seeing your picks though!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE Selena's look!! I have been reading lots on Selena lately, she may be getting a bit messy!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My grandma loved red carpet events and I would watch them with her all the time and still do in her honor!

    ReplyDelete
  24. any red carpet event is like my sports playoff or superbowl. LOVE em

    ReplyDelete
  25. blake lively looks like a dream in that dress! gorgeous. and yes, i agree, she looks so happy. emma stone's dress is interesting but she looks damn good in it and that color. wow! i want everything in that color, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVED emma stone's look. she's beautiful! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love love love Blakes dress!
    Mariel Collins
    Living For His Glory
    livingforhisglory2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top