Friday Favorites

Meet At The Barre
I'm so excited to linkup with Amanda today to share some my Friday Favorites. You're probably all following her blog already but if you're not, you need to- she's the sweetest! I know this is supposed to be more of a weekly favorites post, but this is more of a monthly or recent favorites for me!



Favorite Blogger/ Youtube

I went through a phase where I watched a lot of youtube beauty videos then I kind of got bored of most of them. However, a few weeks ago I came across Alexandrea Garza & am obsessed with her videos! She's gorgeous, has great product recommendations, and does great tutorials. [youtube channel]

Favorite beauty product

This Wet n Wild, Wild Shine nail polish was the best 87 cents I've spent in a long time. This is blazed and it's only two coats! It's a cream/jelly finish which is so pretty. I honestly kept waiting for this to chip and be a hot mess but four days later it still looks pretty much perfect! I want to go back to target and buy every single color! (side note: am I the only person who really doesn't care for the name wet n wild??)

Favorite Recipe
via skinnytaste.com
I've actually ton quite a bit of cooking lately and had a lot of success but this chicken rollatini with zucchini from Skinny Taste won't make it into the blog because it was so good I ate it all before I could take any pictures. In January I shared the chicken rollatini with spinach & tomato sauce-- also delicious!

Favorite Snack

I will tell anyone who asks-- I am the pickiest person when it comes to granola bars and these Cherry Pistachio Fruit & Nut bars are the best! I've tried the Peach Almond and Apple Nut Harvest as well- but the cherry are definitely the best-- annoyingly they're the hardest ones to find.

Favorite Funny
I was in a hurry and couldn't find anything new for this category so Bridesmaids is always a win in my book!

Favorite Blog Post

Mary from Eat, Drink, & Be Mary shared an awesome post on the importance of Letting Go, and Letting God: see the post here.

Favorite Article
via Annalisa Hartlaub
"Student Photographer Imagines Herself as a Teenager From Every Decade in the Last 100 years"
I'm not sure where I first saw this article floating around but I thought it was the most amazing concept-- she compares culture to counterculture throughout the decades!

Introvert Youtube video

I was introduced to The Daily Positive & especially enjoyed this short video: The Shocking Truth About Introverts. One of my favorite parts of the video is the emphasis on the truth that the loudest people in a room don't always have the best ideas!

Favorite Website
I came across the Thred Up website from a post on Amy's blog- you can see her post here to see what she ordered from them. Basically it's like an online consignment store where you can shop or send in your own clothes (for free!). I'm not sure I'll end up buying anything, but I'm currently waiting on a bag to mail in some items that have been sitting in my closet for a while now. The best part is, if you don't want to use the credit on their site they will pay you via PayPal account!

Favorite Book
Reconstructing Amelia
I came across this book on accident (I got it mixed up with Reviving Ophelia), but it turned out to be a good mistake. This is a good thriller/mystery book and I would describe it as a combination of Gossip Girl (the books) & the first season of The Killing. It's about a teenager who commits suicide but it reads backwards as her mom tries to piece together what really happened.

What categories am I missing? Let me know what some of your recent favorites!


Carly
FOLLOW ALONGtwitter / bloglovin' / google+

28 comments

  1. I'm going to have to check out that YouTube channel!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that nail polish!! Perfect for spring & summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I'm definitely going to have to check out that YouTube channel! That girl's makeup looks amazing! I suck at doing my makeup LOL! That nail polish is such a pretty color! Happy Friday!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I'm grabbing that book from the library! I need a good book in my life for sure! I am obsessed with watching youtube videos--it's a sickness really! I guess I have some time in my hands now (side eye stress fracture). I need to look into that letting go and letting god blog post--it's so hard to do sometimes but TOTALLY necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i bought a couple things from thredup and i didnt love them, and i dont love their website. i'm so spoiled from ebay, lol. i went through a youtube beauty video watching binge haha and got over it, but i think i need to check her out! i love finding girls with dark but not super dark hair and brown eyes - then i can copy them a bit better. the blondes with blue eyes, im like that probably wont look good on me.. oh my god, that book sounds terrifying haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love finding out about new beauty bloggers! I can seriously watch them all day lol!! We are rocking similar polishes this week!! I didn't realize that you could sell your stuff to THRED UP too...now I'm more intrigued!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore beauty tutorials and pretty much live by them bc without them I would know NOTHING (I'm also hair challenged hahaha) Loving everything about this post by the way! Happy weekend to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Skinny Taste recipes!! That chicken looks soooo good. And I'm also loving your nail color and love that it was only 87 cents, haha! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post! The "real" Quaker granola bars look so good. I eat Chewy bars ALL SUMMER with my kids at work and those look awesome! I also loooved watching that YouTube video!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok girl that polish looks great, can't go wrong with Wet n Wild! The recipe and bars look right up my alley and holy crap Alexandrea is stunning, definitely checking out her channel tonight, you know I LOVE YouTube beauty gurus :) And Kristen Wiig in Bridesmaids, always a fave! Happy weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that nail polish! Definitely worth the $.87! That is so funny about Wet & Wild. I never really thought of that before. Hahaha! I hope you have a fabulous weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. The nails look awesome!! That article is super cool, love things like that! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am absolutely obsessed with all the pics from different eras how amazing is that? Yes I hate that name as well but they have such affordable great products right? Definitely checking out that youtube channel I love watching makeup tutorials! Thanks so much for linking up and your sweet shout out! Hope you have a great weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. straight up bridesmaids makes me snort laugh every time

    ReplyDelete
  15. That chicken looks delish!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always thought Wet 'N Wild was totally appropriate for nail polish, especially since even young girls buy it!? NOT. AGREE with you hah. But I love the color your got! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't even know Wet N Wild still had products out there.
    That was the only lipstick I used to wear as a teenager :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE that nail polish color (but agreed; what an awful name), and Bridesmaids is always hilarious. I'm so glad you enjoyed my post, I hope it helps many people when times seem overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree that "wet n wild' is a not awesome name!
    Thanks for the shout out to my article!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That rollitini looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll have to check into that wet and would nail polish!! That sounds awesome for just 87 cents! Bridesmaids is so funny! That line gets me everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That chicken looks delicious and I love the photo set of the girl from different eras! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was cracking up at your comment about the brand name Wet 'n' Wild, too funny! Those granola bars look delicious - good thing I have to go grocery shopping when we get back into town Sunday! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a good idea for a weekly post - that chicken looks amazing! The Bridesmaids picture made me laugh - I ADORE Bridesmaids - it never fails to make me laugh!

    Christina | Passion Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that nail polish!!!!!!! Wet N Wild has really stepped up their game in recent years.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That nail color is gorgeous! You can't beat that price!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVED Reconstructing Amelia. I read it last week and couldn't put it down. And I definitely want to make the chicken rollatini- if only I didn't need to go to the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I read Reconstructing Amelia a couple months ago and liked it as well! I'm definitely going to check out the beauty blog/videos. Thanks for all of these favourites! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top