Easiest Crock Pot Chicken Tacos


Last weekend I was looking for an easy recipe to make for Cinco De Mayo and came across this delicious chicken taco recipe! I did a quick google search and came across this recipe from Taste of Home- it seemed easy enough and have good reviews so I figured I would give it a try. 

Ingredients:
1 pound chicken breast
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 jar chunky salsa
1/4 cup frozen corn
1/2 jar black beans

Mix the lime juice with the chili powder and pour it over the chicken in the crock pot-- let it cook about 4-5 hours on low then take it out and shred the meat. Place the chicken back in the crock pot and add in the salsa, corn, and black beans & cook for another 30-45 minutes on low. 

It seriously takes like five minutes to make the entire thing and the hardest part is shredding the chicken-- which isn't hard at all! I recommend using a chunky salsa because then you have the onions and peppers mixed in without the hassle of having to chop them beforehand. 

You can top it with lettuce, cheese, sour cream, or whatever other taco toppings you enjoy! I'm on a low dairy diet currently so no cheese for me this time but it was delicious with lettuce!


Carly

26 comments

  1. Delicious :) happy Friday!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum I'll have to remember this for those nights I don't feel like cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so yummy! I love crockpot meals, they're so easy and (almost) always turn out so good! Happy Friday!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! This is so similar to the recipe I shared today (well they haven't posted it yet) it's a favorite in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!!! You know I love my crock pot meals and tacos well that always makes me happy! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious! When I was in St. Louis a couple weeks ago, my girls and I made chicken enchiladas and since it was too late in the day to stick the chicken in the slow cooker, we actually ended up buying a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and just shred the chicken off the bone! Just a tip if you're ever in a pinch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We make something very similar to these all the time!!~ They are seriously so delicious!!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm seriously obsessed with "Mexican" food lately and I love the ease of tossing things into a slow cooker, especially on busy days. I'll have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anything Mexican is my weakness so I'm saving this stat!! Happy weekend girl!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing better than tacos in the crockpot! I need to try this soon! Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this sounds delish and easy - my kind of recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks amazing! I love Mexican inspired food!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum - this is a definite go-to for us. Have a great weekend, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mexican food is my love language :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum! These look so good, and easy! I love the simple ingredients! I may try these tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look so good! Will definitely be giving this a try sometime next week!

    xo Franchesca | City Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is seriously one of my go to meals! It's so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so good! I love anything I can make in a crock pot!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely blog, happy I came across.
    Would love if you checked out mine sometime too so we can stay in touch!

    AIMEROSE

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds yummy!! Crock pots are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks so yummy!!!

    And your food photography is awesome!! I never blog about crock pots anymore because all of my pictures look terrible, but you did such a good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That looks so so tasty, love me some tacos!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mark made a crock pot meal all by himself on Sunday.....I was so proud ;-) Those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I swear you have the best and most simplest recipes. They work so well when days are just so busy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top