5 on Friday (May Edition)

liaison capitol hill review

1. We had a great stay-cation at The Liaison Capitol Hill. The hotel itself was nice and the amenities were great- we enjoyed the rooftop pool (not the staff).... With that being said, we definitely would NOT recommend the hotel...

I don't think I've ever been treated so poorly by anyone and from the minute we walked in the front desk staff had an attitude. We had confirmed and paid for an early check-in, but apparently there were no rooms available. Instead of apologizing for the inconvenience or offering us any other options the front desk staff argued with us and told us we didn't select an early check-in. We have the receipt and confirmation that shows that we did, so I'm still not sure what the problem was. If there were no rooms ready, that's a little annoying, but understandable-- what wasn't understandable was how she treated us. Unfortunately, that was only the beginning of the issues we had with multiple hotel staff members and we were only there for a day and a half!

After a lot of work on my husband's end, he was able to talk to the manager about our stay and while he was apologetic I still wouldn't recommend the hotel. Being polite and treating people with respect is THE EASIEST thing you can do, I really don't think there's ever any excuse.


2. Now that I've got that small bit of negativity out of the way....we had our anniversary dinner at BRABO in Old Town. I will admit I have the palette of a twelve year old, so I have a hard time picking out nicer restaurants. BRABO was amazing! I had the Rockfish and my husband had the Ribeye and everything from the service, to the atmosphere, to the food was perfect.


3. We chose pool time over getting ready time so we were running late to leave for dinner so we didn't have time to take any proper pictures, but I tried to get a semi-decent picture of my outfit because the lovely Amanda helped me figure out what shoes to wear! I got this jumpsuit from Forever 21-- not only do I not own any jumpsuits, I definitely don't own anything wide-legged so this was totally different from me but I loved it.


4.  Normally I would avoid anything with an ankle strap because my short legs need all the elongating they can get. After the above jumpsuit was hemmed too short, I was in a bind trying to find shoes that would work with the new length. I found these at Target for like $25 and they were perfect!

5. I'm not really a jewelry or accessories person at all, but when my parents were in town last month I mentioned that I really wanted a two-tone watch. Little did I know my husband was paying attention and for our anniversary he surprised me with this gem! It's the only watch I've ever owned, so it's taking some getting use to, but I love it!

What were some of the highlights from your week? Linking up for Five on Friday and H54F!

32 comments

  1. That drink by the pool... yes please! And that jumpsuit looks great on you! I love those shoes!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, that jumpsuit on you is amazeballs. I love the whole look! That is real crappy about the hotel staff - there is nothing worse than dealing with rude people! It looks like you still had a great anniversary, though - your husband has good taste in watches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pool looks gorg and I'm loving your outfit! XO Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgosh those shoes look amazing!! i avoid ankle straps because i think they make my calves look bigger.. but they are so cute. and i love the jumpsuit.
    and seriously i am so disgusted in that hotel after reading this post. i mean seriously? when it comes to travel and hotels, i dont really care about the staff as long as they arent rude. i dont want them to be bending over backwards or throwing suggestions my way, but i will cut a bitch that is rude to me or tells me i dont have an early check in when i have the confirmation in my hand. omg makes me so mad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet of your hubby to get you that watch! :) Sorry to hear about that hotel :( but yay for drinks and books by the pool! Have a great weekend, Carly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are rocking that fishtail braid!!! So sorry you had such a terrible experience with the hotel - but word of mouth and bad reviews will take them down for sure!! Happy you were able to relax with some pool time and a great dinner!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear the hotel staff were so rude!! :( But glad you had a good time with your husband and had a great dinner! And that watch is gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bummer about the hotel! Girl, you look stunning! The outfit, the shoes, the braid- all of it! And what a gorgeous watch and sweet hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I love those sandals! I just swore that I wouldn't go shopping for at least a month... looks like I'll have to start that tomorrow... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I can't believe she treated you like that! They definitely should have done something for you. I'm always amazed how people in the hospitality industry can be so rude.
    You look awesome in that outfit! Love your hair!
    And yay for new watches! Sweet hubby of yours. Happy belated anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so disappointing about the service in the hotel- it really does make a difference. I'm glad you still had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you right there with the ankle straps and being short, but that combination of outfit and sandals is great!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely HATE that you guys ran into such attitudes at the hotel. In the times that we are in right now--it baffles me when staff members of luxury accommodations are anything but 100% fantastic. People aren't spending money on things like that like they used to--so it's just surprising and I would definitely recommend leaving them a review and maybe contacting their corporate offices. I know that seems extreme--but you'd be surprised how much stuff like that matters. Aside from that--I'm glad you had a nice weekend! I'm like you and also have the pallet of a 12 year old so it's nice to see you found something yummy to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm skeptical of jumpsuits but that one looks fantastic! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Word of mouth is the worst for places with bad service so you just keep on talking, my friend :) LOVE your new watch and the jumpsuit with those sandals is perfect! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh, that totally sucks about your hotel experience! Love everything else though - the jumpsuit, the shoes, the watch, your braid! Yay for a great anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your stay-cation sounds so nice (apart from the rude hotel staff... way to kill the "relaxing vacation" vibe). Love your dinner outfit! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looooove the outfit! You look so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry about the awful treatment at the hotel! Customer Service is so important and some people just fail to realise that. On the bright side, you looked beautiful! I especially loved your braid! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jumpsuits look adorable on everyone. I just can't take the time to wear them in case I have to pee ;) haha

    That watch is beautiful! What a fun surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that watch! It is so pretty! I love when the guys pay attention!! I am sorry about the poor service at the hotel, that is the worst that could happen while trying to have a relaxing time! LOVE THE RED ON YOUR TOES!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How awesome you were able to get away for your anniversary! Shame about the poor customer service - I don't understand why people in the service industry have a difficult time just being friendly? It literally would make their lives easier than just giving people a hard time.
    On a positive note, I love that jumpsuit and your shoes are beautiful! You look stunning! :]

    It's been a while since I've been on the blogosphere but I'm currently trying to catch up on your blog. I'll have a post up soon so hope you'll stop by!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  23. Girl you looked HOT for your dinner!!!! :D
    I can't believe the staff was so rude to you! I seriously don't understand why some people act the way they do... and at a place of BUSINESS nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Too bad about the poor service, it's a shame how hard it is for people to just be nice. Way to go hubby, awesome watch. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's horrible about the hotel staff. I hate when people work in a customer service/concierge and act like they can't stand interacting with people. It's like-- you knew it came with the territory before doing the job! Don't act like people are inconveniencing you because it's your JOB to help them. Ugh!

    For my one-year anniversary, my husband and I stayed at the Washington Court Hotel. I actually really loved the staff there because they weren't about taking your money like most places. The valet told us that it would be a sin for us to use their overnight parking service when we could unload our bags and just park our car at the train station for a mere $5 versus the $50 they charge. My husband wanted to order wine through room service and the lady at the front desk was told him it would be so much cheaper to buy a bottle at the liquor store literally right across the street.

    Connie | Sponsored by Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  26. It looks like you're enjoying the sun, we're super jealous because it's starting to get cooler in Australia now :( It's a bummer your experience wasn't ideal. Good customer service is so hard to get!!

    http://www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I will not stay at that hotel should I ever be in your area. Not cool! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a child like palate! You looked great in your outfit! Great job, hubby!!! Love the watch! And happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  28. so sorry to hear about that. i'm huge on customer service!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So sweet of your husband to pay attention like that! The watch is so pretty!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top