Josie Maran Spread the Love Set


A few posts back I mentioned that my mom sent me an early birthday gift- the Josie Maran Spread the Love Set. My birthday isn't until the end of the month, but at the risk of the set going out of stock, my mom sent it early.

I'm pretty new to the Josie Maran line, but the few products I've tried so far I've really loved. The coconut watercolor cheek gelee, has to be one of my favorite blushes ever. I have the berry bliss shade and definitely have my eye on a few of the other colors for summer.

Nourishing Argan Oil Cleanser: I was probably most interested in trying this product because I've never used a cleansing oil. At first, it felt totally weird rubbing oil onto my dry skin, but it actually feels really good. The scent is a little bit interesting-- I can't figure out what it is!

I like that it's non-greasy, leaves me skin feeling soft & hydrated & doesn't irritate my skin at all. I'm not sure I would go as far as to say this will remove all of your makeup. It helps break it down, but I still use my regular face wash after the cleansing oil.

Will I purchase the full-size? This is one of those products that I probably won't spend my own money on, but if it was gifted to me I would gladly use it. Because this is my first go at cleansing oils, I'll probably see what else is out there first.



100% Pure Argan Oil: I've only used this on my hair-- it seems to work well keeping my ends from drying out, and it's definitely light-weight which is nice, but other than that it doesn't seem like a miracle product for me. I think I'll eventually try it out on my skin as a moisturizer, I just haven't worked up the courage yet.

Will I purchase the full-size? Not right away. I definitely need an oil for my hair-- especially with summer coming up, but I'll do a little more research before splurging on a full-size bottle.

Argan Oil Hair Serum: This is actually my second little bottle of this and I'm actually glad to have another small size for traveling! To be totally honest I can't tell much of a difference between using this and the 100% argan oil in my hair. This serum also has vitamin e, avocado oil, and jojoba oil, which are supposed to help moisturize and nourish the hair/scalp.

Will I purchase the full-size? Probably. Unless it turns out I love the 100% argan oil, I do think I prefer the serum for my hair.


Whipped Argan Oil Ultra-Hydrating Body Butter in Vanilla Apricot: Admittedly, I'm not a big body butter person, but oh-my-gosh, this stuff smells incredible! I've used a little bit of it so far and it absorbs right into the skin, which is a huge plus for me! I can't stand anything that leaves me feeling greasy.

Will I purchase the full-size? No. But only because I wouldn't use it and it's on the pricey side. If you're a big body butter person definitely try this out though!


Argan Color Stick in peony: This is one of those cheek to lip convertible products, that I love on my cheeks but would probably never use on my lips. It gives a hint of color-- that is buildable if you want something more dramatic, but this is the perfect blush to give you a flush of natural color. It's easily blendable & a very forgiving product.

Will I purchase the full-size? Yes! I'm a huge fan of cream blushes & I love the convenience of this being in a stick form. I have my eye on the spice shade!

If you're interested in trying out a few of the Josie Maran products I would definitely recommend this set. For $38 it really is a great deal.

What are your favorite Josie Maran products?
Also, what cleansing oils would you recommend?
Hair oils? 

Carly

16 comments

  1. Great reviews!! I'm a huge fan of Josie Maran's Argan line and love how it doesn't make you feel greasy after you put it on!! I think the sampler is great because you get to try out so many things from her line!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blush looks beautiful! I will have to check it out since I have a newfound love for cream blushes. What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love sets like this then you get to try out so many of the products :-) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the great review. I am a total sucker for sets like this, I think they are great for trying products out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh what I fun set to play with. I've used Moroccan Oil on and off for years. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did your blog look like this before I left? It's so pretty!!

    The cream blush sounds good but that bottle is so tiny! You'd think for $38, they give you a bigger sample of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This set looks like a great introduction to her brand! I got a mini bottle of the Argan Oil before Christmas, and thought it was just OK (I used it on my skin but totally forgot to try it on my hair!)- definitely can't justify the price tag. The blush/lip color looks really cute!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. That blush looks like a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First I love your nail polish color and second great review

    
Emma| With A City Dream


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorites! L'Oreal's Eiffel For You :)

      Delete
  10. That body butter sounds dreamy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I was going to ask what that nail polish is but I see that you answered that above me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow that's a lot of fabulous products for only $38 - that color sounds divine! I'm all for multi-functional products! Josie Maran is awesome!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Josie Maran is one of my favorite brands, I personally love the face cleansing oil. Just a quarter size amount applied to a dry face removes all your makeup in one go! Its amazing :)

    dontcoralwithme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never tried any of these so I appreciate your review on them!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE Josie Maran! I use the argan oil on my face every night in the summer and I just ordered one of the cheek gelee's online yesterday so I'm happy to hear you love it! Can't wait to get mine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore JM products. While I like the 100% Argan Oil, my favorite product from the line are the Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelees. If you like cream/gel blushes, you will *love* these! I also love her Bear Naked Nail Wipes -- it's the only polish remover that doesn't completely wreck my nails.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top