Buffalo Chicken Bites

I finally have another recipe to share today! As of now I'm right about on track with one new recipe a month for my 15 in 2014.

I've had wonton shells in my freezer for a couple of weeks now because I was planning to make taco cupcakes, but lately I haven't been loving ground turkey/beef, so I haven't been in the mood for a dish with those ingredients. When I came across these buffalo chicken cupcakes on The Girl Who Ate Everything, I knew I had to make them!

I love anything that is individual or bite size- I think it makes it so much easier to serve, save, or share.

This recipe requires just a few ingredients:

8oz cream cheese (softened)
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup hot sauce
1 1/2 cup cooked shredded chicken
24 won ton wrappers*
extra shredded cheese for topping
blue cheese is optional

Directions: Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees; lightly spray pan with cooking spray; mix together the first four ingredients until creamy; add in the chicken; place one wonton shell in the bottom of the cupcake pan; add about a tablespoon of filling; top with another wonton shell; another layer of filling; top with cheese; bake for about 18 minutes. (full directions from the Girl Who Ate Everything)

I followed the directions almost exactly. I guessed when it came to how much hot sauce to use & I went overboard with how much cheese I used for the topping! They were a tad greasy on the bottom, and I'm thinking it might have been from the cheese so I would recommend keeping the cheese light.


Overall, I'd say these were a success! The flavors are wonderful, it was a really easy recipe to throw together quickly, and it would be great for entertaining. The wonton wrappers were really easy to work with and provide a great texture and flavor.


In the future I would probably opt to use a mini cupcake pan to make a smaller version. They are on the heavy side because there's so much filling in each one & it would provide an overall crisper texture.


If you're a buffalo chicken fan definitely give these a try!

31 comments

  1. Uhhh, yes. These seem awesome. I like your idea about using the mini-cupcake pan. These would make a great little app for any kind of gathering. I love my buff chicken dip--but sometimes it's just nice to have an individual little snack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try to make these! I love anything buffalo/spicy!!!!! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to happen! Hopefully sooner than later!

      Delete
  3. YUM!! My husband would devour these!! Anything with cheese and I'm in!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm these look delicious and I love that it's easy to make too!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    $520 Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!!! We make almost exactly the same recipe but in dip form! Buffalo chicken is my FAVORITE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, those sound so good and look even better! Nom nom nom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious! I pretty much love anything that has to do with wontons. I will have to give this a try next time we have guests over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum yum! Give me buffalo chicken anything and I'm happy! They're so cute, too - would be perfect for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness these look amazing. My husband and brothers would die over these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look so good. I have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg, yum. I'm so happy you posted these because I am SUCH A FAN of buffalo chicken anything, and have been wanting to make something with it for a long time! For last year's Super Bowl I made the classic buffalo chicken dip, but these look way more fun to eat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. THIS. I need to make these right now. Thanks for sharing!

    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy sh**. No words. Want these in my face immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree! I love anything that is like single serving....and seems like an appetizer!
    This recipe looks ah-mazing! Thanks for sharing!
    http://www.lovelydoesit.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so good! And right up my alley! I'm going to have to give these a try! Pining!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look so good, and different than anything I've had/made. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't eat meat at all and these STILL look delicious to me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love anything with buffalo chicken...those look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yum!! I'm making these sometime for sure!! I've been on the hunt (well, not too terribly involved at this point) for wonton wrappers....pretty sure I was going to make the same taco cups you were. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You seriously have the best recipes - this looks so yummy!! How very creative of you! These would definitely be a hit when I have guests over for a March Madness viewing. Great recipe!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am drooling over here those look amazing and would be perfect apps! Definitely need to pin that one!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG! Yes! These sound AMAZING! Pinning it now so I can make it later. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These look amazing! I would have never thought to make buffalo chicken cupcakes. Love the idea :)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look amazing! I've made buffalo chicken dip before, but I have never heard of these. I'd love to try these out. I host a link up on Tuesdays, Delicious Dish Tuesday that is for recipes & I'd love if you shared this recipe. Have a great rest of the week Carly.

    ReplyDelete
  25. All that cheese!! Looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This reminds me of buffalo chicken dip. I love buffalo chicken! I will have to try this. I'm sure my husband will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. We love buffalo chicken, and anything bite sized is a hit with my kids. Love this idea!
    Thanks so much for linking up to Delicious Dish Tuesday last week! We hope you'll come by again this week and share another tasty recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I found your recipe through the Delicious Dish Tuesday link up and I can't wait to try these! I have a recipe called Taco Bites that are similar to your Buffalo Chicken Bites and can't wait to add your recipe to my round of party foods for my next crafting meeting. Congrats on being featured!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top