March Favorites (2014)

It is crazily already almost the end of March! I have a few beauty products I've been loving plus a singer & a book to share! I'm linking up with Meg & friends for Bliss this month-- check out the link-up to see what brought other people bliss this month!

Cherry Blossom Fragrance Mist ($14): I love perfume, but there's something nice about using a fragrance mist to spritz all over your clothes. Cherry Blossom is my favorite b&bw scent...sadly it's no longer sold in stores but you can still get it online! If you love floral scents as much as I do, you will love this!

Sweet Clementine Candle ($20): Sadly, this amazing smelling candle was from the winter market collection, but I waited until "spring" to use it and it smells SO GOOD. It almost makes up for them not bringing back the pear candle this season!

Rosebuds Strawberry Lip Balm ($7): This is one of those products that I want to buy in bulk just in case it ever gets discontinued because I love it that much. It smells amazing, it's non-sticky and I feel like it gives a slight hint of color-- this could be because I have the least pigmented lips ever, but either way it's amazing.

Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder ($19-$34): If you read my post on having oily skin, you'll know how important it is for me to use a nice setting powder. THE MUFE HD powder is honestly the best I've tried. I have the old packaging which is kind of a nightmare because the powder gets everywhere, but it's so good I look past that + they've changed the packaging and I hear the new packaging is much easier to work with! If you're a fan of translucent powders that are light & photograph well- this one is worth a try!

Clinique Dramatically Different Gel ($14.50-$38.50): I didn't fully appreciate this moisturizer until I realized how much my skin needed some moisture! I love the gel formula because it's extremely light-weight & refreshing on the skin without feeling greasy. I'm almost out of the little tube and will definitely be getting the larger size next time.

NYX Cream Blush in boho chic ($6): I mentioned this blush in my pink for spring, post last week but I had to include it here too because I really have been loving it this past month! The texture is a little bit sticky, which could be off-putting to some, but I don't mind it because it leaves a dewy finish on your cheeks and almost gives the effect of a highlight.

A well-loved blush
I'm not good at swatching but you can kind of see the dewy finish. It's not a cream to powder finish as many cream blushes are. 
Emeli Sande: I discovered her through pandora and am in love with every one of her songs! Her voice is amazing and her songs are so powerful & emotional.


Beautiful Ruins: I'm not sure why it took me so long to read this book because I really loved it! I will say the x-ray feature on my ipad saved the day because the book switches between characters and years pretty frequently and it can be hard to keep up. With that being said, how the characters are all tied together is so well done, and I loved the storyline! I love anything set in Italy and I like reading about Hollywood/screenwriting so it was the perfect combination-- plus the deeper themes surrounding each of the characters were interesting & heartwarming. Walter's writing was descriptive but kept the storyline moving quickly at the same time. And, not for nothing, I love a happyish ending!

What have you been loving this past month?

24 comments

  1. Oh joy I can smell that candle now! One of my favorites from B&BW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So basically, I need to try the Microfinish Powder. Especially since you said it has new packaging! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!! I'll have to give that book a try. And that song? Beautiful. I'll definitely be adding her to my daily listening!! Gorgeous! I love the B&BW candles, but I hate that they're seasonal! I just want all my favorites when I want them! haha! I also have very pale pigmented lips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had that book on my list for a while - I'll probably have to make that one next up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to find that powder!
    I hate when my favorite scents get discontinued. Bath & Body Works, I'm talking to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try that Clinique moisturizer... my skin is like the SAHARA right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. B&B candles are the best, aren't they? The Clinique gel moisturizer is my holy grail - I've been using it exclusively for years. I also love the Rosebud lip balms - I put mine on every night before bed and always wake up with super soft lips. I need to try to NYX cream blush!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still need to get that blush! Aw yes, I love that candle too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Clementine sounds amazing! I really need to check out some of their candles this season. Funny, I actually brought out my Clinique DDM last week. It is really nice for a basic moisturizer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Going to get that NYX blush! Love the pink color! I wish I would have gotten more of those market collection candles before they were all gone (or are at least gone from my stores).. they all smelled so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds. The blush is such a lovely and spring-y shade. I've been loving our 70 degree days - but not the 50 degree ones like today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving NYX lip products these days. Their butter gloss is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing! The candle looks amazing!
    And, that blush color would be perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this book looks really interesting!
    i have to ask..what's an xray feature?

    ReplyDelete
  15. That lipbalm looks AWESOME!! I love anything strawberry and especially ones that add a bit of color. I really need a new blush as well, the one I was using for a bit is more for "summertime tan Meg" so it looks silly on me in the winter haha. Thanks so much for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I use the micro powder finish as well - but not really sure if I use it the correct way lol!! I still need to buy the NYX lip glosses....slacking over here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love bath and body works, their stuff is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmm I haven't had good luck with cream blushes but that shade is beautiful! May be time for me to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't tried any cream blushes I usually stick with powder but that is such a pretty shade!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pop I'll have to check that book out!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Robert heads to Belgium & Italy this weekend for work...I'm pretty jealous about it. (While that's a completely random comment, based on your book selection, I thought you'd appreciate this. I'm such a goober! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That blush is gorgeous!! And I will definitely check out Emeli Sande - that song is so beautiful!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  23. i stumbled on Bite lipsticks and i LOVE them! so much so that i returned all my other lipsticks back to sephora and bought 3 bite lippies :) they're all natural too and keeps my lips so moisturized.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  24. I definitely think I need that candle in my life!! Thanks so much for linking up with us this month! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top