Five on Friday (march edition)

It's been a while since I linked up for a Five on Friday so I thought I would share some of my highlights from last weekend and this week.
1. Despite how it's going to appear in this post, I really have done a good job cutting back on desserts/sweets but ice cream is my weakness! Vanilla ice cream with heath &/or peanut butter cups is the way to go!



2. In case you missed my Harry Potter post, I finished the series this week and had some mixed feelings about the ending.

3. Saturday I caught up with a good friend and finally made it to Ted's Bulletin where they specialize in homemade pop-tarts and milkshakes. I skipped the pop-tart this time but the oreo milkshake was divine!

4. Later in the day we also went to Dangerously Delicious Pies. I don't have a picture of my actual pie (apple crumble) because I ate it before I remembered to take a picture, but this is a photo of inside the shop. I was a big Next Food Network Star fan, and Rodney (the pie guy) was one of my favorite contestants! I knew his shop was in Baltimore so I was really excited when I learned there were actually a few DC locations!

[via]
5. I was a million years late with Harry Potter and now I'm almost equally late on loving How I Met Your Mother. I had never seen an episode or had any desire to watch the show- but I saw an old episode at a friend's house this weekend and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. So when I saw the seasons were all available on amazon prime, you know I watched the entire first season in a couple of days. I know the entire series is wrapping up currently-- maybe it's already done? And to be honest, I still can't totally decide if most of the characters annoy me or if I like them, but to get to the point, I've been loving the show even though I already kind of know what happens.

I hope everyone has a good weekend! I'm hoping I make it through the weekend with minimal discomfort from my sudden toothache! I couldn't get in to the dentist until Monday morning-- it's rare I wish the weekend to go by quickly, but I definitely am!

19 comments

  1. It's early in the morning and, after reading this, all I want are treats now! Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ice cream looks so good! Now I'm craving it!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those milkshakes look delicious!

    There are only two more episodes of HIMYM left! Ahhh. If you're bored one day, it's worth watching it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Props to you for actually finishing Harry Potter!! I'm sooooo far behind. Whoops :)

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay now I need a milkshake or ice cream, stat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, those milkshakes looke UH-mazing!!! I never got into How I Met Your Mother either. My friends are obsessed with it though. I feel like if I start watching it now, I'd be hooked...which isn't good since I have zero time for binge-watching seasons right now haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That ice cream and milkshake....my stomach is growling....I need both right now!
    Amanda|Meet @ the Barre

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm re-reading Harry Potter currently and am waiting on midterms to be over to start the fourth one. I was late to the party and to the How I Met Your Mother party but am all caught up, thanks to Netflix and I am anxiously awaiting the series finale on March 31st :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has me wanting some ice cream now! And the series finale is in two weeks. I wasn't crazy about the show at first but than I started from the very beginning and was obsessed! Darn Amazon Prime/Netflix for being so addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How I Met Your Mother is one TV show I just can't get into, I think its so dragged out! Love the look of those ice creams!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how I met your mother! I cant believe its almost over!
    I am hosting a linkup today and would love if you would stop by!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I REALLY hope you start to love HIMYM!!! There are only 3 episodes left, and it really is one of those shows you can blast through quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loooooove Heath ice cream!!!! Heath Blizzards with EXTRA Heath from Dairy Queen are TO DIE FOR!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oo I love the food network as well, especially the next food network star where the pie guy made his debut. I'd love to go to one of those places, lucky you!! And how I met your mother is just hiliarious! I was a little late getting on the bandwagon as well. I hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay now I seriously want ice cream! I've always liked How I Met Your Mother. Such a good quality show!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Between the ice cream and the milkshakes, this post is giving me seriously delicious cravings! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Homemade poptarts?! Yummm! I love HIMYM.. I think there are only 2 episodes left before the finale. Hope you had a good weekend and the tooth didn't cause too much pain!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The early seasons of How I Met Your Mother were so good. I'm not really a fan of these last two seasons, but I loved it so much at the beginning that I have to see it through to the end. And umm, homemade poptarts? That sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girl, you're killing me with those yummy ice cream pics!!! Yes please!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top