Wednesday, February 12, 2014

What I ate Wednesday!


1. I always start my day with coffee (usually a pike place k cup) and rotate between either oatmeal, toast, or a waffle (or two). I'm weird and eat my waffles completely plain most of the time! The organic blueberry are my favorite!
2. Salads are NOT my favorite, but since I started counting my calories I've been trying to eat more salad. I added beets, whole wheat croutons, and string cheese. I'm really picky about dressing and always attempt to make a oil and vinegar mix but I can never get the ratio right!
I really love soda but try not to drink it very often so I'll usually have an izze or sparkling juice or water. 
3. My husband made carnitas in the slow cooker for dinner and it was delicious! Instead of using a tortilla I added lettuce, brown rice, and a little bit of salsa. It was SO good. 
4. For snacks I'll usually have a string cheese, a few beets, and something for my sweet tooth. I know processed foods in general aren't the best but these FiberOne 90 calorie brownies are perfect for when I want something sweet!
What are some of your favorite snack options? Are you a big breakfast eater? 

12 comments:

  1. Yum! I am a salad freak, I could probably eat it everyday haha, and waffles ;) I love the Fiber One brownies too, the Lemon ones are my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, carnitas! That and chorizo are probably my favorite meats to get when I go for Mexican food (have to try and not do it often, though).
    My sister loves the FiberOne bars, so those brownies look like something I might have to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried that sparkling water before... I'm all about it!!!
    Beets are SOOO good for you... & I've never had one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, there are those YUMMY (read disgusting) beets again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum carnitas sound delicious right about now! Also--I haven't had a waffle in forever. Thanks for the reminder that I should!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm doing this next week! I can't wait! I don't eat anything fancy but looks like so much fun..! I've never had waffles, can you believe that??? My mission this weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carnitas sound delicious right about now! And I'm a string cheese addict, too. I heard on Kelly and Michael Live last week that there is a string cheese shortage right now.. I have no idea if that was actually a joke but I sure hope not!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Carnitas look so good! My go to snacks are usually almonds and I hate to admit but protein bars...they are just so easy and great for on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love string cheese!!!! It's so good I usually just end up biting off chunks rather than peeling it because I get so excited! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have been eating poorly during my disney trip. i'll be back to normal soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks tasty. Except for the beets. I could not do beets.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUM. Must try that new Ocean Spray - I love the sparking ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I appreciate each one and always try & comment back <3