Lancome Mascara Love

I'm pretty sure my first ever mascara when I was like 16 was Lancome. I've tried a handful of drugstore mascaras and other high-end brands (dior, YSL, benefit) but have never been close to as happy as I am with Lancome (YSL is a distant second).



I have a few basic requirements with mascara:

1. The brush/wand/formula cannot hurt my eyes (I'm talking to YOU benefit they're real!)
2. The formula cannot be nearly impossible to remove from my lashes (this is the case with every single drugstore mascara I've ever tried)
3. I can't have any smearing or transferring. At all.
4. My lashses need to look fuller and/or longer. Obviously.

I have decent eyelashes to start off with but my eyes are slightly down-turned (think Anne Hathaway or Camilla Belle). I'm completely rubbish at eyeliner so I really depend on my mascara to shape and open up my eyes.

Definicils: This was the first ever Lancome mascara I used and I loved it! It doesn't do much for volumizing but it does wonders defining and lengthening your lashes. I actually just repurchased this last week!

Hypnose Doll Lashes: To be completely honest I wasn't wowed by this one at first-- I think it just needed to dry out a bit because I became completely obsessed with it and am in the percentage of women who say it has an eye opening effect! I'm really able to get into the outer corners of my eye to really flip up my lashes-- almost giving a cat eye effect without the liner!

Hypnose: This was my favorite until I tried the doll lashes. It does crazy things with volume for your lashes and you can add multiple coats without it looking clumpy or crazy! This is a pretty basic brush, but it inverts a little bit in the middle.

Hypnose Star Mascara: This was my least favorite of the bunch. I can't even really remember why but I know I wasn't nearly as impressed as I am with the other mascaras. One thing that I wasn't such a fan of was the brush-- in theory it would be great because it has a flat side that allows you to get in-between your lashes but I rarely feel like taking so much time with my mascara.

*These pictures are all from the summer hence my pink nail polish :)

One thing I love about all of these mascaras is how natural they look-- you'll never end up with crazy spider lashes or clumping. I've almost never had them smear or smudge and they aren't a complete nightmare to remove at the end of the night. Nordstrom and Sephora tend to do value sets where you can get a mascara with a few other products-- which I definitely recommend if you're wanting to try one of the mascaras.

Have you tried any of the Lancome mascaras? Do you think they're worth the price? 

14 comments

  1. I'll have to try Lancome! It's one brand I've been meaning to try.

    Sarah
    aroseinthecity0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried Lancome but I may have to now. I have such an issue with mascara. I have thick, long lashes and I typically have to wipe the mascara OFF the brush before using it or I look like a crazy freaky doll or something with these insanely bold and scary eyelashes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried any Lancôme mascaras.. Just their eyeshadow which I am a fan of..! I may just have to stop by the Lancôme area soon..!! Ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried any of the Lancome mascaras.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen great reviews on the Hypnose, must try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Lancome- Definicils is my absolute favorite! Mascara is something I have a hard time justifying $$$ on, but otherwise I would buy these all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a mascara freak myself & never tried Lancôme... need to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh I am such a mascara freak....I literally have tried them all! I agree a lot of them get better when they dry out just a tiny bit. I didn't give Doll Lashes a fighting chance....I really didn't like it initially but I didn't give it enough time it sounds like. Hypnose was my go to forever! I may actually need to revisit it.
    ~Amanda
    Meet @ the Barre

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been a faithful They're Real user for the last couple of years but now you have me tempted to try a Lancome mascara! And I totally agree with letting the formula dry out a bit, I haaate using brand new mascara! About a week or so and then it's perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful mascaras!
    Following you now! Hope you'll follow me, too!
    Happy day!

    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't ever tried this brand but you're doing a good job at convincing me! Great review :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't tried any of their mascaras. Have yet to find my holy grail formula/brush!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Based on how you described your eyes, I'm pretty sure we have the same eyes! I tried a new drugstore brand this last time I bought mascara and the longer I use it, the less I like it. It's funny that you posted about Lancôme, tough, because I was just thinking about that brand the other day. My mom used to ONLY use Lancôme Hypnose. I don't know why she stopped using it, but I was thinking I should give it a try. I think I'll try one of the ones you reviewed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know this is an old post but saw it on your side bar and had to comment. Lancome is my FAVORITE brand for mascara. You should try the Hypnose Drama. It's amazing. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top