Products Worth Repurchasing? (recent empties)

I love reading through other people's empties posts because it's fun to see what products people actually use up & recommend. I was hoping to save up a few more products to talk about but I've been on a cleaning spree around our house and want to get rid of as much clutter as possible so holding onto a bag of trash really was starting to stress me out.



B&BW Superfruit 2 in 1 body scrub + wash in rome honeysuckle amore: This is from last spring I think-- so the Italian collection is long gone but it's still available in the beautiful day fragrance which happens to be my favorite scent + what I'm now using! This is a great gentle scrub that doubles as a wash-- so you get the exfoliation of a scrub but it also foams up as a wash!

REPURCHASE? I was actually gifted the beautiful day version as a wedding shower gift last year so that's what I'm using now-- I would have repurchased it on my own though!

Lancome Bi-Facial Eye Makeup Remover: This came with some kind of kit or free gift I got with one of my mascaras. It's an amazing eye makeup remover but is on the very pricey side!

PURCHASE? No. If you're not worried about your budget then this might be worth it, but I can't justify shelling out almost $30 on an eye makeup remover.

Bariste Dry Shampoo: This is the best dry shampoo I've ever used-- I've always used the original version and even though I have dark hair it's really easy to blend in the white powder.

REPURCHASE? Yes!

Korres Pomegranate Toner: This was one of the first Korres products I ever tried and I was drawn to it because it's supposed to be mattifying and good for oily skin + it's a natural product. I don't know about how matte it made my skin but it was gentle and refreshing. It's $20 so it seems a little on the pricey side but it lasted so long that I think it's a pretty good value as far as skincare products go.

REPURCHASE? No. There was nothing wrong with it, but I was more interested in trying something new.

It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product: This product works wonders for your hair-- it's all over the blogging world and it's a product that is definitely worth the hype! I have really long hair so the ends tend to get dry + it tends to be a snarled mess after the shower-- a few spritz of this and it's easy to comb through!

REPURCHASE? Yes!

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes: I've actually gone through a few packs of these. They're definitely gentle on the skin and a nice choice for a face wipe but aside from that I don't find them to be anything special. As much as I like having them on hand, since running out of them I find myself not slipping into skipping out on properly washing my face at night!

REPURCHASE? Maybe eventually but not anytime soon.



Too Faced Shadow Insurance: This is the best lid primer I've tried! I have pretty oily lids and this makes your eyeshadow stay put ALL DAY. I don't wear eye shadow everyday but this tube lasted me so long I think it's definitely worth the cost!

REPURCHASE? Yes! I've considered trying other brands but I definitely think I'll stick with this!

Aveeno Tinted Moisturizer: This is another product that lasted a long time! I had a really hard time finding a tinted moisturizer or BB cream that doesn't make my skin look like a hot shiny mess so I felt like I lucked out with this product! This is a really light coverage but it evened out my skin tone and gave it a nice glow without looking greasy.

REPURCHASE? I think this retails for around $18, so I'm waiting for a sale or coupon, but yes!

Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment: I can't even tell you the number of spot treatments I've tried but easily in the double digits! I went through this really fast but it was honestly a miracle product on any hormonal breakouts I would get! I breakout around my chin really bad around that time of the month & this helped SO much!

When I ran out I tried the clean & clear version that has 10% benzoyl peroxide in it-- thinking maybe it would be better. I don't know what it is-- but I think the neutrogena works way better with just 2.5%!

REPURCHASE? Yes! This has been the most effective + inexpensive over the counter product I've ever used!

Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Base: This is a product I would have never purchased on my own-- it came with a mascara but I'm so thankful it did. I personally love lancome mascara on its own but this takes your lashes to another level.

REPURCHASE? Eventually, yes! I didn't run right out and repurchase this when I ran out of the deluxe sample but I'm keeping my eye out for the next lancome gifting event!


Too Faced Pink Leopard Blushing Bronzer: I think this must be really old packaging but this was a really nice bronzer that gave off a natural glow. It's not at all matte so be ready for a little bit of shimmer.

REPURCHASE? No. I actually still have this in an old too-faced palette so if I really wanted to use it again I would just pull that out. I think it's a gorgeous product but there are other bronzers or similar products I'll try instead.

Have you used/loved any of these products?

16 comments

  1. Love hearing about the good and bad things with these products, especially because I've never tried any of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the its a 10 leave in product! The place where I get my hair products just started selling that dry shampoo - I may have to try that next!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That eye makeup remover is my absolute favorite but I cannot spend $30 on it...gives me total buyers guilt ;-) I like the sephora brand one, it is a third of the price and does a really nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! I love the Shadow Insurance, It's a 10 and Batiste. That shower scrub and wash sounds like it'd be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post! I like seeing what people actually use and love. When I run out of my leave in conditioner, I think I'm going to have to give the It's a 10 a try...all you ladies love it! On a different note, yesterday I made the taco dip recipe you posted about recently. Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love its a 10 so much :) xxx

    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/11678411

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love empty posts! I've been wanting to try those Simple makeup wipes but I would totally do the same thing and slack on washing my face too often! They are nice to have on hand though. I'm still loving the Batiste and It's a 10!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone raves about the it's a 10.. Need to try it..! Had a great time looking through your trash haha

    I always feel weird posting pictures of my trash for my blog posts.. One coming soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to try that eye primer! I think the reason the lower percentage spot treatment works better is because your skin isn't getting overly dried out and trying to compensate... at least that's what I've found with my own skin. Pain in the butt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved reading this post. I've actually never used Batiste dry shampoo (or any dry shampoo) because I was nervous about how the white powder would blend into my black hair. But I may give it a try now. Like you said, you have dark hair too and it worked wonders for you :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  11. my favorite dry shampoo too! I just use the one for dark hair, but it works so freaking good :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. love seeing your empties. i'm sharing mine tomorrow via blog and YT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to give that dry shampoo a try and the It's a 10 spray.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what! people do this! that is amazing! i find myself wanting to hoard empty bottles of stuff but never knowing why.... maybe this is what i have been looking for MY WHOLE LIFE!

    ps i love your blog. i'm following via bloglovin now ;)

    stephanieorefice.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the tips! :)

    littlesstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are a few of these products that I use consistently and LOVE. I'm definitely going to have to check out the dry shampoo and face wipes. I am so bad at washing my face consistently. Also, my ex-bf's mom gave me that Lancome makeup remover that she got in a sample pack. It was amazing but I agree, not worth the expense.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top