SkinnyTaste Chicken Rollatini with Spinach


I'm not much of a cook-- I have a few basic recipes I can make but when it comes to cooking meat I rarely make any attempts that don't involve the crock pot because I become insanely paranoid things aren't cooked well enough. I need to invest in a good thermometer! When I came across this chicken recipe on Skinny Taste I thought I would give it a try and it turned out SO GOOD. I almost couldn't believe I made it myself!

I love vegetables but spinach just isn't one that I really care for-- especially cooked-- so I love recipes that allow you to mix in a little bit. I also love mozzarella cheese so this looked delicious! The ingredients are pretty basic for the most part but it requires quite a bit of dishes to complete.



I used....
~1 pound of chicken cutlets (ended up being 5 pieces)
1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs*
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese*
6 tablespoons egg whites
5 oz frozen spinach*
6 tbsp part-skin ricotta cheese*
6 oz part-skim mozzarella*
1 cup marinara sauce*

*I didn't actually measure these ingredients I just kind of guessed.

egg whites, bread crumbs, filling
Her actual recipe calls for 8 chicken cutlets and she suggests whole wheat breadcrumbs but I just used what we had in the cupboard. My husband added some garlic powder & italian seasoning to his chicken before adding the mixture.

Despite all the steps I found this recipe to be super easy and it turned out perfect!

She recommends cooking the chicken for 25 minutes and then putting it back in for an additional 3 minutes after adding the sauce and cheese on top. I cooked it for about 30 minutes and then put it back in for an additional 8 or 9 minutes...see what I mean about being crazy about things being undercooked.



Ready to go in the oven-- pre-sauce & mozzarella  
volia!
For the exact recipe check out the original recipe here. The Skinny Taste website is one of my favorite to check out regularly.

If you're looked for an easy weeknight recipe this is definitely worth a try.

9 comments

  1. This looks yummy..! Thanks for sharing..!

    xoVeronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I needed some new recipes. Going to very likely make this later this week! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh WOW this looks so good. Bookmarking this so I can make it for dinner this week! Thanks for the great recipe!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! Will definitely have to try it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look so delicious! You know I'm all about anything spinach :)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goshhh this looks so good! Definitely going to be making this next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nommm this seems incredibly delicious! i can't eat it cuz i'm paleo but i'm gonna pin it just in case :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top