SkinnyTaste Taco Dip


I know all the holiday parties are over but if you're looking for a quick and delicious dip to take to a party (or just enjoy at home) I definitely recommend this taco dip! It's another skinny taste recipe I made a couple of weeks ago for a friend's birthday party. It's similar to a seven layer dip without all the layers.




The main ingredients are sour cream, cream cheese, a jar of salsa, and taco seasoning. [full recipe here]

I'm not sure how healthy sour cream or cream cheese can be, but I used the less fat versions as the recipe suggests and no one seemed to notice it wasn't the "real thing". This dip was literally scrapped clean!


I followed the directions exactly as her recipe suggests aside from the toppings. I only did tomatoes on 1/3, olives on 1/3, and then left the last 1/3 with just lettuce.

I love this recipe because you can change up the flavors so easily. If you want something a bit more spicy you can use a hot salsa or add in some hot peppers.

I also think you could easily add some shredded chicken to add a little bit more to it-- or even black beans or refried beans. The options are endless!


Do you have a favorite dip? Are you a fan of seven layer or taco dips?

17 comments

  1. Yum, this sounds amazing (and super simple!) I might just have to use it for the Superbowl in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm I love a good taco dip! The only reason I'm excited for the Superbowl is all of the food I'm going to make haha! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all things finger-food and Mexican so this is a must-try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drooling.... that is all. Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. um, YUM! is it okay if i just not throw a party and eat this whole thing alone?haha because that's whats gonna happen

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum!! I love taco dips and 7 layer dips, so I'll definitely give this one a try. And Chi-Chis!! I grew up in Northwest Ohio and we had a Chi-Chi's in our town. It was my favorite restaurant. I would always pick to go there for my birthday meal. It eventually went out of business and then we moved to another state.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fantastic. I might need to make this happen next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My roommate and I are hosting SuperBowl Sunday this year and this would be the perfect dip to have on hand! Great recipe! Thanks! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOOOOVE taco dips! This sounds SO good!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i want this! superbowl party time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reminds me a bit of Cielito Lindo which is delicious xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this idea! It seems so simple, but like it would definitely be a crowd pleaser! I might have to make something like this for my superbowl party coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a great dip, even if I'm not having a party (just for myself)!
    Jessica
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I'm now a freak for your recipes because this looks so yummy too (referencing your pasta bake)! Dips are my weakness. Pinning this so I won't forget to try it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top